. .
    Hi All,

My Lightsaber project has stalled a little, so this weekend I thought I'd make something for the home office.

Apologies in advance for the volume issues:

Nice, I hope to one day make myself a laptop stand, we share the same taste in monitors I see :).

.Me
    .Me

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee Roberts For This Useful Post:

Thanks Lee,

The Dell's are getting a bit long in the tooth now and I'll probably be replacing them soon, but 1200 vertical resolution is a hard habit to break. I'm thinking of these when funds allow:

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/24-de...hdmi-mdp-black

Nice project.!! . . . . got suckerd into a emergency project other night which you may like being a Car Man.!! . . .Somebody nicked my mates wheeel Centres and he was off to a show at weekend.!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0762.jpg 
Views:	297 
Size:	295.3 KB 
ID:	15612

Why do you go back to Zero after changing tools.? You'd don't need to do that you can start from anywhere you changed the tool at.!

Also with that thin plate you'd have been better cutting thru it rather than 2 passes. You where lucky it didn't get sticky as 1000 series plate is shite stuff to cut and doesn't need much excuse to turn into chewing gum.!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Thanks Dean,

Those centres are lovely - giving me ideas now as my jag centres are a bit jaded.

Going back to zero is just force of habit I guess, after I went through a washer which I was using to clamp through a hole on a previous job (luckily I missed the socket head bolt). I must do a blooper reel sometime :)

Also true on the DoC, I was using 3mm per pass and the material was just over that in thickness (I just took it on trust from ali warehouse it was 3mm). I always add another 1mm pass on these days just to be sure, as I hate having to break parts out of the thick tinfoil I used to get by trusting the thickness.

I was as surprised as you regarding the 1000 series stuff - normally its a pig but for some reason that F&S went right through it and only left the lightest of tool marks, which I could probably breath on and take out (especially after a curry) ;). Guess I must have been in a sweet spot for a change, or just got a lucky batch of sheet/plate - the recipe though is a keeper I think :)

Quote Originally Posted by Washout View Post
    Guess I must have been in a sweet spot for a change, or just got a lucky batch of sheet/plate - the recipe though is a keeper I think :)
    Ye thats problem with the bloddy stuff.! what works today doesn't on next batch or even in different part of the sheet if large enough.!!. . . Hate the stuff with a passion. I always cut it full depth as it's only way to be sure and avoid turning onto gum.!!

Thread Information