. .
    I presume that interested parties are aware of the Autodesk offer of free integrated CAD/CAM software Fusion 360. It downloads and works perfectly. And even contains Mach3 post processors.
    You have to take a look.

Do you mean the free for students offer? They have been doing that for a while now.

It's actually been basically free for most people for a while now. Any startup business or hobbyists can apply for the free version.
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

JointCAM - CAM for Woodworking Joints

This is what they state:- "A free 1-year startup license is also available for hobbyists, enthusiasts, makers, and emerging businesses that make less than US$100,000 in revenue per year. At the end of 1 year, you can reselect the startup entitlement or transition to a commercial entitlement."

I'm using it and I have to say I really like it. I've recommended it to a few people. The fact that it is free is a big bonus and I think it'll be good for getting a large user base behind it... good for tutorials etc... theres already plenty on youtube. My opinion pretty much matches this guy on https://youtu.be/o-GBpUZ3piY First part is a tutorial... skip to around 12:30 to see what he says if anyone is interested.

There was rumours of 5 axis machining being added, but the more I actually use my machine the more I realise I only really need 2.5d. So far anyway.

Also, I think its the only combined CAD/CAM package that works on a Mac, which won me over on pretty much that alone.

All woke up that it will be either or low month to month subscription. It all started with Adobe, then other followed. This is the future. 25-40$ per month is Ok, having in mind the support, forums, tutorials and so.

Now i am still suspicious when we are talking about words like "clouds" and remembering words like "discontinue"
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Thread Information