. .
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Panel finished...

Mesh below the slats...

Bit busy up that end of the shop

Stuck the monitor on the wall, seemed a good place, still working on the keyboard and mouse/trackball, might be a slide-out under the front of the table. I couldn't fit the PC into the main cabinet - not enough space

One odd thing I noticed when motion testing with the proper PC, the X & Z axis worked perfectly but the Y & A needed the "step active low" setting reversing in ports & pins? They sounded very rough and notchy when set the same as the other axes.

This seemed odd as all drives are the same, wired the same and connected to the same BOB????

Any ideas why I need to run two axes reversed signal level???

Quote Originally Posted by Davek0974 View Post
    Any ideas why I need to run two axes reversed signal level???
    If all wired same and the drive doesn't have an active edge Dip switch then probably because setup different in the drive software. Some drives will provide a Dip and most Digital drives you can access thru software.

If none of the above then could just have been set different at the factory,?

"Active Low" means the drivers are wired with common +5V and step pulse inputs wired to the minus terminals, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    "Active Low" means the drivers are wired with common +5V and step pulse inputs wired to the minus terminals, right?

Yes, all wired common +ve

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    If all wired same and the drive doesn't have an active edge Dip switch then probably because setup different in the drive software. Some drives will provide a Dip and most Digital drives you can access thru software.

If none of the above then could just have been set different at the factory,?
    But these were tested with a different BOB when i was building the table and all settings were the same????

One difference is that the test PC was underpowered and only ran at 25khz, the work PC runs at 45khz, step and dir pulse length is 2us on both PC's
    Last edited by Davek0974; 10-09-2015 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Davek0974 View Post
    But these were tested with a different BOB when i was building the table and all settings were the same????

One difference is that the test PC was underpowered and only ran at 25khz, the work PC runs at 45khz, step and dir pulse length is 2us on both PC's
    Don't know then. Maybe the new BOB does some filtering and signal boosting depending on the PP voltage.? If your on the edge with say 3V PP then the BOB could be boosting and inverting the signal just on that line.??? . . . .Strange beasts these CNC machines.!!!!

Hmm, interesting

Just thought of another difference, the CandCNC MP3000 DTHC uses three parallel cables - one from the pc to the controller and then one to the motor drive BOB and another to the I/O BOB, these last two are new, shorter cables.

Might be worth swapping the old long cables back in???

Don't think cable length is the cause. Anyway I see only one BOB on the photo and presumed you use Mach3.
    Actually did you test all drivers set to "active low"? As far as I understand you have Y and A coupled as master and slave. Wrong polarity might make them "rough" as they need to move in sync while the others may also need low trigger but do not show rough movement because they are single. ??Hmm.

The mp3000 has two BOB's one for motor control and one for inputs and outputs, yes i am running mach3

All drives were running active low on the test pc, Y and A are slaved in mach and each on their own output.

CandCNC advised me to up the pulse width to 5us and that seems to have sorted it out, all drives now running the same way.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Davek0974 For This Useful Post:

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread Information