. .
    Hi Guys,

I've found myself in a position where I have to sell my router build

The project is around 80% complete I would estimate and just needs a final push or someone with some more time and energy to finish it.

I've been working on the machine of and on for around 2 years and I've come to the conclusion that I'm not going to have time to finish it, as I've got a workshop full of other projects that need finishing as well.

The machine is based around ball screws on all axis. The x axis has conventional driven ball screw for the motion, which uses a 2510 screw and nut, powered by a 12Nm nema 34 stepper. The Y is designed to have tandem rotating nut design, which also uses Nema 34 steppers to rotate the ball nut rather than the screw. This allows for faster movements as it overcomes the common whipping effect when long ball screws are driven at speed. Only 1 side of the Y tandem drive is assembled and has been tested, however I have all the parts to complete the duplicate side. All of the parts for this mechanism have been produced by a time served tool room engineer with a lifetime of experience, so its made to the best standard. All other parts have been machined by industrial cnc machines and are within tight tolerances.

All axis have been tested and work very well (Y needs finishing) there are probably bits to tweak here and there, but its nearly there. The framework is designed to bolt together to allow for easy transportation. The table top is fully welded but the bolt together components need fully welding (just tacked together). I am a metal fabricator by trade so the metal work is to a very good standard.

Included are most of the electronics needed. I only have 1 drive for the nema 34's though, I ordered a high voltage drive for testing and thats as far as it went. The drive and motor combination worked perfectly though and I'd recommend matching this for the remaining 2 motors. The spindle is a 3Kw water cooled model with vfd to match.

Included also is a control cabinet with built in 15" touch screen, very nice indeed! There should be ample space to mount all control gear and PC if you wish.

I also have a large vacuum blower, which I bought to use on a vacuum table I had plans on making. The pump is included, but the vacuum table would need making.

Sad to see this project go as a lot of time and energy went into it, but circumstances have changed within my business and it has to go.

I have a more or less completed assembly in CAD that I can provide, which includes casings for the Z axis and end panels for the gantry.

I'm looking for £3850
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2438.jpg 
Views:	428 
Size:	348.6 KB 
ID:	15226   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2439.jpg 
Views:	354 
Size:	156.9 KB 
ID:	15227   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2440.jpg 
Views:	343 
Size:	202.1 KB 
ID:	15228   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2441.jpg 
Views:	323 
Size:	345.4 KB 
ID:	15229   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2442.jpg 
Views:	338 
Size:	352.5 KB 
ID:	15230   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2443.jpg 
Views:	341 
Size:	183.9 KB 
ID:	15231   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2445.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	224.5 KB 
ID:	15232   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2446.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	359.0 KB 
ID:	15233   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2447.jpg 
Views:	291 
Size:	341.2 KB 
ID:	15234   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2448.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	258.6 KB 
ID:	15235  

Lives in Essex, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 10-08-2020 Has been a member for 7-8 years. Has a total post count of 23.
    Hi where are you located would like to view machine. Extremely interested. Was looking for start to build a cnc and this looks like it would be a great start. Have you also got a contact number or email?Please private message me

thanks

his in stoke on trent toby.

PM sent to Toby. The machine was sold a little while ago, I forgot to update the thread, apologies to all!

Lives in Essex, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 10-08-2020 Has been a member for 7-8 years. Has a total post count of 23.
    Thanks for the replies I'll keep looking.

looks like someone got an awesome project !

nice job friend congrats

Thread Information