. .
    My current machine uses 4-pin XLR connectors between control box and steppers. These are still available but only at UK prices - the 4-pin male plugs seem like rocking-horse droppings on Aliexpress although panel sockets are available (but not sure why...).

What connectors do people generally use in this situation? I used XLR because they are latching so reasonably reliable in terms of vibration, and adequate current/voltage ratings. Not sure if there is a better choice, though.

The type previously often seen on Chinese spindles is nice and compact - namely GX16 connectors. See my post here:

http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/4950-...4318#post34318

There are now plenty of sources of them besides. I used them recently on my control box. Watch out for which gender you get if you care about exposed voltages.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jonathan For This Useful Post:

Thanks - I'm always a bit nervous about buying into a system that looks good today but is unrepeatable in a year or two. These seem to have been around long enough! Immediate project will use them for 5V opto-isolated connections so not worried about gender.

If you want fast and cheapish http://www.audiospares.com/home.php?cat=1025

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cropwell For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    Thanks - I'm always a bit nervous about buying into a system that looks good today but is unrepeatable in a year or two. These seem to have been around long enough! Immediate project will use them for 5V opto-isolated connections so not worried about gender.
    I use a cat cable with a BOB on the router and the cat5 plug with a lead through on the control panel.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Thread Information