. .
    Hi , appreciate if anyone could assist me on this, I have 4 of the EM806 and all are working fine except the one for my Z axis, it was working fine at the beginning yesterday ( it was first time connecting everything and it was fine ) but later I noticed it stopped responding and the EM806 keeps giving the error led, checked through the serial port and found its over current error, I'm not able to clear it even after powering down and changing the settings to lower current. the error comes only when the driver is connected to the motor.

any idea how to fix it? thanks!

try it on another motor.

Hi little update, I removed the cable which was connecting the motor to the driver and everything is working fine. my setup is like this:

Driver to short cable to 4 pin male mounted in enclosure -> cable with female and male 4 pin ends -> motor with female 4 pin.

so the problem is the cable and probably my soldering skills, however I have just tested the same cable with continuity test and all pins are fine. the only thing is that its the longest cable I have ( littler more than 4 meters ) , could the impedance or something from that length affect the signal? I somehow doubt it but what are your thoughts electrical guys?

thanks!

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 10 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 77 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noplace View Post
    Hi little update, I removed the cable which was connecting the motor to the driver and everything is working fine. my setup is like this:

Driver to short cable to 4 pin male mounted in enclosure -> cable with female and male 4 pin ends -> motor with female 4 pin.

so the problem is the cable and probably my soldering skills, however I have just tested the same cable with continuity test and all pins are fine. the only thing is that its the longest cable I have ( littler more than 4 meters ) , could the impedance or something from that length affect the signal? I somehow doubt it but what are your thoughts electrical guys?

thanks!
    4 Mtr is no problem for the cable length I take it you are using 4 core CY cable
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Thread Information