. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    yes it looks like it.
    The ZP5a and ZApp and the uniport are buffered.
    The HG8 at cnc4You is opto isolated.

I think they are all isolated and someone writing the tech specs hasn't read their digital interfacing text books ;-)

Lives in Cambridge, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 12-02-2024 Has been a member for 8-9 years. Has a total post count of 83. Received thanks 3 times, giving thanks to others 11 times.
    Ah - something I can answer being an electronics eng by trade!

The buffering I need is really just signal conditioning - no significant delay, but beefing up the signal and the voltages from/to the PC port. Buffering in itsmore "IT" sense is where data is collected and delayed for some period, so allow streaming of things like video. Not something we want here, as you suggest!

My existing BoB has no buffering at all - just wired straight through - and that is what I'm trying to avoid again.

Its a breakout board it will only be a simple buffering circuit, that gets the existing signals, cleans them up and duplicates them.

Lives in Cambridge, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 12-02-2024 Has been a member for 8-9 years. Has a total post count of 83. Received thanks 3 times, giving thanks to others 11 times.
    Looks like we have three contenders - the HG08 from CNC4YOU, the ZP5A from Zapp and the Uniport from DIYCNC. Although it's the most expensive, the Uniport is currently my favourite from these as it includes a charge pump and two relays, plus opto isolation on the inputs. COmes in at £40 posted, so not too bad.

Anyone have any experience of using one of these in anger?

If you want cheap opto isolation and a spindle relay then the Chinese BoBs like this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-axis-CNC...item1ea10eaf6a which is "UK stock" seems a good start.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information