. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by linskill View Post
    At the moment I am not sure of anything - more research needed.
    As I said earlier I do a lot of agri repairs, some of the material is quite heavy and to be able to quickly cut a replacement part would be a real bonus. Today's job was a good example, a buck rake came in with a damaged Merlo Hitch (30mm plate, How it got so bent I will probably never know) but that meant a 50mile round trip to get a new one.
    The only thing I know for sure is that if I am going to shell out the necessary to build a CNC table scrimping on the cutter is probably false economy and being a male of the species I want the biggest I can get on single phase.

If i were you and having in mind that the machine you like manufacturer is from the same country, its a no brainer for me. Call them, arrange a meeting to see a working machine cutting, go and see it and eventually come back with it. With the added benefit to know them personally in case you need help later.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

As no one has made any comment concerning the Blade Runner kits from CandCNC I am not sure what to make of them, are they any good or is there a better option?

As happy customer of CandCNC - I have one of their THC units, I can only guess that their kits are of equal, excellent quality.

I wouldn't have any worries about buying one if i needed it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Davek0974 For This Useful Post:

Speaking of the control electrics, Not wanting to reinvent the wheel I was thinking of one the Bladerunner kits from candcnc. I am not sure about the THC - whats the difference between the DTHC IV and the DTHC II.
    http://www.candcnc.com/CompartChartOnly.htm

As no one has made any comment concerning the Blade Runner kits from CandCNC I am not sure what to make of them, are they any good or is there a better option?
    If you are looking for a simple solution its a well proven choice. many people at forums run this setup.

However i choose another setup coupled with Neuron THC. Still have not made a cut but: i prefer buying from Europe, did not like CADNC attitude at some cnczone discussions, prefer servos than steppers for plasma, don't like the way he is closed his system, the Neuron seems more modern and with some more possibilities, etc...
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Boyan Silyavski For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information