. .

Thread: My Cnc build

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    No way Kingcreaky far from it....should of asked these questions ages ago.

I am going to put the new bar in on the y axis so its all coming apart anyway....

I have loads of bearings so should hopefully be able to throw something up unless i stumble across some plates.

Once the machine is up and running correct, i intend to make some new bits for it to improve its appearance / accuracy if you know what i mean. I have also been looking at a load of other threads and google pages and have got a load more improvements in mind, whether they are an improvement or not will be seen.

Keep the thoughts coming please.

Cheers Tommy

But at the end the assembly will cost exactly the same as bought in USA.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

any update on this skiprat?

Ive cut the square tube and it needs drilling and painting but away at the moment and not back till sunday so probablies next week for an update.....once y axispart i should be able to make somw makeshift reduction parts to allow the machine to cut out its own "permanent" ones.

Cheers Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by Skiprat View Post
    Ive cut the square tube and it needs drilling and painting but away at the moment and not back till sunday so probablies next week for an update.....once the y axis is apart i should be able to make some makeshift reduction parts to allow the machine to cut out its own "permanent" ones.

Cheers Tommy

Well been away to London but now i am back and cut painted and in process of adding new length into "y" axis...bought a few bits and bobs and am in process of making up reduction gear mechanism.
    Then looking on eBay i came across a virtually unused 6040 cnc machine so i bid on it and won...so hopefully can use that machine to make bits for my big machine.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150819_210336.jpg 
Views:	712 
Size:	69.7 KB 
ID:	15970   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150823_142101.jpg 
Views:	723 
Size:	232.3 KB 
ID:	15971   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150823_142142.jpg 
Views:	697 
Size:	205.5 KB 
ID:	15972  

Here is the 6040 cnc machine i won. I know all about the crap boards and drivers, but up to now i have had no problems.
    I nearly sold all my loose cnc machine parts but never got around to it and fortunately i do have new good bobs and driver boards in that box so these will be kept for what i have been told will be an inevitable change out. Probably will change them out anyway as the general cnc community reckons the difference is phenomenal..

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150829_131411.jpg 
Views:	715 
Size:	177.8 KB 
ID:	15973   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150829_131427.jpg 
Views:	711 
Size:	244.8 KB 
ID:	15974   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150829_132036.jpg 
Views:	717 
Size:	186.4 KB 
ID:	15975   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150829_132045.jpg 
Views:	725 
Size:	178.7 KB 
ID:	15976   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150829_185744.jpg 
Views:	682 
Size:	264.9 KB 
ID:	15977  

well im back...been using small cnc to learn on and have made loads of prototype gearboxes for my big cnc....got a load of 3ft x 6ft acrylic sheets to practice on and have been trying out all my crap skills on cncing them. Im over the moon what i have learnt and can relay that into my big cnc. Once photos transfer over...i will post them.
    One of my driver boards blew up so had to wait for a new one (bloody £120) hence the long wait for updates.
    Cheers Skiprat

Quote Originally Posted by Skiprat View Post
    well im back...been using small cnc to learn on and have made loads of prototype gearboxes for my big cnc....got a load of 3ft x 6ft acrylic sheets to practice on and have been trying out all my crap skills on cncing them. Im over the moon what i have learnt and can relay that into my big cnc. Once photos transfer over...i will post them.
    One of my driver boards blew up so had to wait for a new one (bloody £120) hence the long wait for updates.
    Cheers Skiprat
    Glad your still alive skiprat. Very interested in this build, keep the updates coming. I like your style :D

Matt

Well ive made a few acrylic plates for the pinion gears and ordered bearings etc. designed them myself and cut out on my little cnc machine. so after setting new machine up creating the files to cut and transferring them over including zeroing out the machine etc etc i feel quite self taught which is good as i now can go straight into the running of my big cnc machine.

acquired the frame for the water table but purchased the slats to go into it from a steel suppliers so need to start that build soon, but hopefully be able to use the cnc for "work" after this weekend.

Following photos are up to date barring a few still in phone. I do have a few videos but i think i need other resources to show them.

The x axis was a bit sticky but i have managed to suss that out and now every linear stage is smooth running.

Gearboxes work well and now i have to acquire or buy some metal to cut them out of to create a more secure stronger system.

All in all ive built, learnt and a very happy chappy, lets see what the weekend holds for me, hopefully loads of beer and smiles.

Cheers Skiprat

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information