. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi,
    how do i deal when a board / Pokeys57CNC does not output enough current on output 5v pins to switch a external relay / 8 channel relay board 5vdc /??

Leds light but not bright enough and no switching happens.

Do i buy their relay board which has other type of communication with the BOB or there is sth i can do to make the general Chinese relay board work

their board is 30eur versus 10 euro for general low high chinese relay board. and i need 2 .
    Last edited by Boyan Silyavski; 11-08-2015 at 09:10 AM.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 10 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Boyan You don't say how you are powering the Pokeys board.
    This is from the manual:-

[PoKeys57CNC requires external 6-26V power supply to be connected to the board in order for the device to operate correctly (device may not operate according to the specifications if the external power supply is not present). The device uses switching power converter to scale down the input power supply to 5V. The power supply should be capable of providing at least 2.5W.]
    Last edited by Clive S; 11-08-2015 at 09:37 AM.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

24vdc 150W, but it seems its irrelevant for the outputs

seems it was never meant to do that, look bellow at specs from pdf. I wonder why sb will do such nice board, but that could not power an input of a bloody relay

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	relay.PNG 
Views:	739 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	15872  

so what you say Clive, i buy their relay board? and forget about the case

ok, i sorted it out.

it seems they have another product PoExtBusOC16 , which - incorporates 16 high current/voltage open collector outputs which suits applications such as lamps, relays.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 10 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    24vdc 150W, but it seems its irrelevant for the outputs

seems it was never meant to do that, look bellow at specs from pdf. I wonder why sb will do such nice board, but that could not power an input of a bloody relay

I read that Boyan but it seem to indicate you can take out the 100R and then get 50mA what do you think. ..Clive
    ..Clive

i read somewhere that the relays need more than that, ~80-100mA so at the end i bought the extra boards.

i wish sb simplified the stuff and said- " you need that board and that relay board or output board, cause otherwise you will not be able to do this and that " cause for me 50mA is like chinese.

how difficult would be to do that if you sell a product

Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    i read somewhere that the relays need more than that, ~80-100mA so at the end i bought the extra boards.

i wish sb simplified the stuff and said- " you need that board and that relay board or output board, cause otherwise you will not be able to do this and that " cause for me 50mA is like chinese.

how difficult would be to do that if you sell a product
    I think a lot of small relays will switch at about 15mA https://www.sparkfun.com/products/100 or even less
    ..Clive

Did not think of switching them directly.

Now i read that the relays i was going to use are triggered only by 5mA, so why would they not work?

By the way it looks a really quality stuff. and has LOW HIGH jumperson each pin. I have used it before with great success

Module Description :
    1, the module uses genuine quality relay , normally open interfaces Maximum load : AC 250V/10A, DC 30V/10A;
    2, using SMD optocoupler isolation , driving ability , stable performance ; trigger current 5mA;
    3, the module voltage : 5V
    4 , each way module can be set high or low triggered by jumper ;
    5 , fault-tolerant design , even if the control line is broken , the relay will not operate ;
    6 , the power indicator ( green ) , 8 relay status indicator ( red )
    7 , interface design humane, all interfaces can be connected directly via terminal wiring leads , very convenient
    8 , Module size : 141.5mm * 50mm * 18.5mm ( L * W * H )
    9 , has four mounting bolts holes , hole 3.1mm, pitch 136mm * 44.5mm

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$_12.JPG 
Views:	660 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	15873  

Did not think of switching them directly.

Now i read that the relays i was going to use are triggered only by 5mA, so why would they not work?
    You would have to show how you are connecting them . It could be a problem in the way you are grounding them.
    ..Clive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information