Thread: Setting Up A Control Panel
I am hopingyou may be able to provide some advice on setting up a jog function on acontrol panel I am currently trying to mock-up.
This is fora four axis router with a slaved X & B on the longest axis and a futurerotary axis A. The controller is a CSMIO/IP-S. The idea is to control the spindle speed through Mach and have override controls.
I amthinking that I will need the following:
- Jog Mode – Rotary Switch, 1 Pole 3 Position (Off, Incremental, Continuous)
- Axis Select – Rotary Switch, 1 Pole 4 Position (X, Y, Z, A)
- Jog Increment (Speed) – Rotary Switch, 1 Pole 7 Position (0.1, 10, 20, 40, 60, 80 & 100%)
- Direction Buttons – Momentary Push Buttons (+ & -)
- LED Indicators – 24 volt LEDs, to indicate jog mode.
Assumingthese are all 24V DC
- Can these buttons and switched be directly wired to the controller using feeds from the 24v power supply?
- Will the slaved axis’s work together under the control of the X control?
- Would a potentiometer be a better option for the jog speed control, similar to a feed and speed override? Still to look into these as well.
- I was hoping that I could use Mach3 OEM codes to set up the functions, is this correct?
- Will there be a need for a macro to control any of this, I’m assuming there is for the LEDs and is there any info available so I can quickly learn.
- Lastly for now, has anyone done this and has any diagrams, macros they are willing to share that I could use as a starting point.
Sorry forthe long post but I am currently trying to wire up my control panel.
Last edited by GTJim; 13-08-2015 at 02:00 PM.
By IanParkin in forum Artsoft MachReplies: 19Last Post: 05-09-2014, 03:05 PM
By wiatroda in forum Electronic Project BuildingReplies: 5Last Post: 04-06-2014, 10:19 AM
By GTJim in forum General ElectronicsReplies: 2Last Post: 03-09-2013, 07:42 PM
By m_c in forum Projects, Jobs & RequestsReplies: 5Last Post: 27-04-2013, 07:46 PM
By GTJim in forum General ElectronicsReplies: 0Last Post: 18-04-2013, 07:23 AM