. .
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    would this compressor work for example?

http://www.screwfix.com/p/stanley-82...kit-240v/48089

You'll notice I'm not commenting on the Compressor setup and thats because I don't agree with it. Not saying it doesn't work it's just not correct way IMO and just a lottery to when it dies.!.

The better way is to have a dedicated Vaccum pump(or Generator) pull a Vacuum into reservoir tank that is strong enough to hold high vacuum pressure. Fit a Vacuum switch so pump is turned on / off has required. If used with good sealing practises then you'll hold small parts no problem.

The secret really is simply lowering the vacuum loss so often dedicated Jigs or Pods with unbroken Vacuum seal work best or the only way without getting silly on the Vacuum system.!! . . . Mats etc work but only to a point and the cutoff point will depend on part size and size/amount of cut-thru.

So I'm assuming you would need an in and out for the reservoir tank?

So table in, compressor out (so to speak)

Still not sure I get the reservoir tank, so you just remove all the air from it, so it then wants to pull the air from the vacuum table and acts as suction for the table?

Just think of the reservoir as a storage system for the vacuum so that there is vacuum available sometimes when the demand would be greater than the instantaneous capacity of the pump. G.

Ok cool

Are these any good

http://www.clampusystems.com/Venturi.html

Some claim 90% odd vacuum

Not saying they are a perfect solution but are they worth considering if you have a big enough compressor?

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    Ok cool

Are these any good

http://www.clampusystems.com/Venturi.html

Some claim 90% odd vacuum

Not saying they are a perfect solution but are they worth considering if you have a big enough compressor?
    Yes they work good but again you need a Reservoir tank because they struggle to provide enough volume direct from the generator.
    Having reserve of vacuum is what you need for when vac loss happens. Otherwise you need a powerful vac pump.

Just think of it has the reverse of a compressor, you wouldn't try using air tools with no air in your tank because the pump would struggle to keep up with the demand. It's just the same but with negative pressure.! . . . Holes in your work piece are like having a high CFM air tool.!

fair enough, was just a thought.

I'm tempted to just put a good quality vac pump on my credit card, do it properly first time.

any recommendations on single phase vac pumps?

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    fair enough, was just a thought.

I'm tempted to just put a good quality vac pump on my credit card, do it properly first time.

any recommendations on single phase vac pumps?
    My advise is speak to someone who deals with Vacuum tables/pumps and tell them what your trying to do because your not wanting simple Vac holding when it comes to small parts with thru holes.

Or better still stand back and look for alternatives to do what your wanting. There will be other less expensive ways.!!

will do

I know there are less expensive ways but home brew also means faff. sometimes its nice to buy something off the shelf

is 250mm by 160mm small?

just been doing some ebay searching, I'm guessing this bad boy would solve all my problems?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Becker-Vac...item3ab170353d

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information