. .
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Grind the Bolt head down. Put in hand drill with quick spin against bench grinder and sorted.
    Jazz you are a genius ;)
    I'm happy I asked!

How about my other question?
    Will 4 nema23 4amp motors from cnc4you drive my 60kg gantry when using the machine vertical? :D I assume 1 motor each for y and z is okey and 2 for x (standing axis)
    Like I wrote I will be using 80v digital drIves with 68V psu...

Have a nice weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Nr1madman View Post
    Jazz you are a genius ;)
    I'm happy I asked!

How about my other question?
    Will 4 nema23 4amp motors from cnc4you drive my 60kg gantry when using the machine vertical? :D I assume 1 motor each for y and z is okey and 2 for x (standing axis)
    Like I wrote I will be using 80v digital drIves with 68V psu...

Have a nice weekend
    Yes they will be ok. My machine uses same size motors with similair weight gantry. However I have put counter balance on the gantry to stop it dropping when motors are un-powered.
    The motors handle the weight perfectly fine without counter balance and it's just there to stop gantry falling when unpowered. However it does assist the motors meaning can run slightly higher rapid feeds than when counter balance isn't used.
    If you park the gantry on end stops each time motors powererd down then wouldn't need counter balance but the way I use my machine means often power down motors through out the day but control is left on so don't want the hassle of parking each time.

Thank you! Then maybe I should think about implementing some weights.. Hmm. . ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Nr1madman View Post
    Thank you! Then maybe I should think about implementing some weights.. Hmm. . ;)
    No I'd suggest just allowing for possiblty of needing them but try without first. My other machine which was vertical didn't need them but had slightly lighter gantry. Also I'm talking about the gantry traveling up/down not side to side so if your traveling side to side then no worries at all.

Okay! New question :D

How do you guys do when painting the steel parts?

The frame will get painted up to the epoxy strip. That's easy! And rhe gantry is extrusion au naturale. But all the different parts of my Z axis are milled flat. If I paint before mounting rails or carriages I might get problems?
    If I paint with everything attached and mask the rails of there may be ugly gaps if I have to move/adjust something?

What to do?

/Mad

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information