. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi all

I'm super new here, and new to cnc forums but not forums in general.

I'm a programmer for Accuracy International and am experienced in programming in Heidenhain and Fanuc. I have previously worked for a few local sub-con firms too. I'm just starting to dabble in Solidworks and learn how to use it, not at college or anything, just picking it up slowly.

Hobbies include RC model helicopters and model racing cars (off road), also motorbikes. I own a Yamaha Thunderace and a Honda XR400 for greenlaning shenanigans.

I'm also beginning the journey in to getting a small mill into my home

Be gentle with me.

Clearly a quiet forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy L View Post
    Clearly a quiet forum.
    Welcome to the forum Crazy L. You have not actually asked a question for a reply. ..Clive
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Welcome to the forum Crazy.

.Me
    .Me

Hi Crazy
    Just up the road at Horndean. Let me know if you need any help. Was SW trained but now retired and getting to grips with Fusion 360. Have three CNC`s here.

greetings Crazy L

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy L View Post
    I'm also beginning the journey in to getting a small mill into my home
    whats the story then? you building? converting? or buying?

#Lee Roberts has been "on the journey" for as long as I can remember!!!
    Last edited by kingcreaky; 25-08-2015 at 06:25 PM.

Hi all

Ha, I knew a bit of jesting might provoke some replies

Kingcreaky, I'd like to just buy. I've not looked in to converting as I have far too many hobbies as it is, and without any prior knowledge of hobby mills, it could turn out to be a minefield. I wish It was easier (and cheaper) to truck in an old VMC or Robodrill into my current workshop.

Leadhead, 3 machines you say? lucky fellow. As a nipper I worked for a guy from horndean. He had a little place in Waterlooville called Kathglade. His name was Bill Nicholson, he went a bit mad after a car crash, and looked a bit like a monkey. I'd be surprised if he was still alive.......I doubt you are him.......I digress, Thankyou for the offer, I will get in touch if I'm a bit stuck. Is Fusion a package like solidworks? That makes me sound stupid, but I'm really not that "up" on it all.

Clive S, I wasn't hoping for answers Sir, just a bit of a handshake and a welcome to the party (jungle?)

Hi - I am not Mr Nicholson, but I lived next door to him for many years. We used to call him Ernie. But that was his family only name.
    Fusion 360 is free to hobbyists. CAD, CAM, and post processors all included for nothing. Apply first for the 30 day trial and at the end register as a hobbyist and I say again all free.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Leadhead For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Leadhead View Post
    Hi - I am not Mr Nicholson, but I lived next door to him for many years.
    Lol, small world eh. I met a guy a few years ago when working somewhere else, and it turned out he used to hang out with Peter nicholson on motocross bikes in Bills front garden, or something like that.

Thanks, I will take a nosey and download it the next time I have time to kill on my PC.
    RC cars
    RC helicopters
    Motorbikes
    Renovating an entire house
    Twatter: @CrazyLThirteen
    Insta: CrazyLThirteen

Hi all

I have returned after actually managing to get hold of a machine. I'm now the owner of a Denford Micromill, powered by Mach 3. I've not written G code for about a decade so it was a bit of a learning curve. Just did my 1st program in fresh air, only comping on and doing a square shape and comping off again, but it's a start.
    RC cars
    RC helicopters
    Motorbikes
    Renovating an entire house
    Twatter: @CrazyLThirteen
    Insta: CrazyLThirteen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information