. .

Thread: Ebay ballscrews

Location unknown. Last Activity: 19-09-2012 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 26.
    Has anybody used this chap his prices look very good and i am looking for some for my X1.

Peter

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/linear...0Q2em14?_pgn=1

2. I've bought some ballscrews from him for a CNC router and I'm about to get some more for converting my X2 mill.
    His service is good. If he doesn;t have what you want advertised, just ask!

He also sells a range of water and air cooled spindles that seem pretty popular on cnczone and [ame="http://www.woodworkforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=170"]over here[/ame].
    Regards
    Geoff
    My home

I bought 3 ballsrews and 3 sets of supported rails and bearings from him. Excellent service and I wasnt asked to pay import duty or vat. Only problem was that one set of rails was not in the package. I emailed him and he sent them out straight away.

Location unknown. Last Activity: 19-09-2012 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 26.
    Thanks for that chaps, I have emailed him to see if he has any ball nuts small enough. he does 12mm x 4mm pitch and I am not shore if I will be able to get them in as yet . Ill keep you informed.
    Peter

He has some 1204 ballscrews on his site http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-anti-backlas...3A4%7C294%3A30
    Not sure if you could fit them as they have a mounting plate. I had enough problems getting the ones I got from Marchant Dice and they did not have the flange although they also do not have provision for wipers.
    As I only have the X1 I am converting I also had to buy a spare y axis unit so I could machine it to take the ball nut. I got it to fit with 0.5 mm clearance, the other axis are quite easy as there is plenty of room for these.
    I am now looking into moving the y-axis motor to the rear of the machine as I have ended up with a large overhang(could diet I suppose).
    I am also looking at the possibility of raising the complete z-axis to allow a plate to cover the y-axis when in the fully forward position, I dont like the thought of all those chips on the ways and ballscrew.
    Other problem is lubrication of the ways as there is no provsion at the moment.

Peter

Yes it does seem to be problematic I have not looked at the clearance yet, I was wondering if I could get away with smaller dia screws as it is only a small machine and I am only going to be using brass ally. have you any pictures of your mill with the mods, I have put some of mine in
    [ame="http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=674"]My X1 Build - MYCNCUK[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNgjPquce8c&feature=channel_page"]YouTube - CNC first run[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvNn0qE0KJc&feature=channel_page"]YouTube - CNC tests 2[/ame]

I have the same problem trying to get close to the machine because I am unable to bend very much so I did mine this way it makes it a lot more compact. the handle folds as well.

Peter

Nice videos, on the y-axis did you get enough movement as at the maximum rearwards movement puts the front edge of the y-axis past the machine front edge(if you see waht I mean). On mine I have extended the y-axis with an ally plate which covers the ways when the y-axis is in the rearmost position therebye giving the maximum movement.
    I reckon that if I raise the z-axis column I will be able to get a plate on the rear of the y-axis to cover the ways at the column end but it will not leave much metal at the fixing area, so still in the design stage!

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by ptjw7uk View Post

Other problem is lubrication of the ways as there is no provsion at the moment.

Peter

We did this to one of the very early X3 conversions

It was actually a refit from one of the early Simply CNC machines that the guy wasn't happy with.

Because our kit was made for the later long column machine this one had a spacer fitted to make it the same as the later machines.

All the moving slides had new oil groves and cross holes drilled and the flip top wick oilers fitted, this takes care of day to day slideway lubrication. Ballscrews are just a weekly splash and dash.

May give you food for thought ?

John S -

I did loose a small amout of movment on the Y axis but I can live with it for the type of work I am hoping to do with it.

Peter

Location unknown. Davo J Last Activity: Has a total post count of n/a. Referred 6117 members to the community.
    Hello :wave:from Australia. My name is Dave I am new to the forum I just signed up and noticed this thread. I was wondering about this bloke myself and last week I emailed some of his customers from his feedback the response I got from all 4 which were all in the US I think was they were great no problems good looking product.He has told me they are P7 grade .050/300mm metric or .002/12 inch.I ordered 3.3mtr's (2x1350 1x600)of 2505 and 8 ballnuts the cost was $496US which was $630AU dollars posted, cheaper than anybody over here.The quote that I have from local supliers is around $1800 dollars ($200 per mtr ballscrew and $120 per nut plus postage).I ordered them 2 days ago so I will see what there like when they turn up and let you know.
    Dave

Thread Information