. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lives in Barrow in Furness, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 12 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 787. Received thanks 96 times, giving thanks to others 176 times.
    If i was doing the job i would also use a jig but slightly different, would make it with 2 holes with an L shape cross section, make all holes on the assembly the same pitch, so you would clamp the jig drill & tap first hole, shouldered bolt goes in that hole, do second hole, move jig down using the shouldered bolt in the second hole drill & tap third hole in so on, the jig can also be used on the clear holes.
    Mike

2. Hi reefy,

For marking out the edge holes - although I've not used one, I've often thought about buying transfer or universal punches in case I needed to transfer holes:

Universal transfer punches or Transfer punch sets:
    http://www.arceurotrade.co.uk/Catalo...unches-Scribes

With the holes drilled in the top surface of one plate you would align it to the edge of the other (using clamps, 90 degree blocks etc.) put the correct punch into the hole and 'transfer' the centre point onto the edge surface.
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Quote Originally Posted by routercnc View Post
    Hi reefy,

For marking out the edge holes - although I've not used one, I've often thought about buying transfer or universal punches in case I needed to transfer holes:

Universal transfer punches or Transfer punch sets:
    http://www.arceurotrade.co.uk/Catalo...unches-Scribes

With the holes drilled in the top surface of one plate you would align it to the edge of the other (using clamps, 90 degree blocks etc.) put the correct punch into the hole and 'transfer' the centre point onto the edge surface.
    This is exactly how I would go about it, if you take your time you could drill and tap yourself, just take your time, especially when tapping and I think you'll be suprised how easy it is.

.Me
    .Me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information