. .
    Hi everyone,

Another video showing an aluminium project this time to make a pop filter for my studio microphone:

Part 2 - getting more aggressive with the aluminium milling:

Looking good washout nice little project.
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

4. The Following User Says Thank You to routercnc For This Useful Post:

And here's the final part of the project including a "scary" moment using a roughing tool:

Lives in Birmingham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 05-01-2016 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 326. Received thanks 30 times, giving thanks to others 24 times.
    Nice work again, you need more monitors though!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to D.C. For This Useful Post:

Haha yeah there are a few in the office, but funny you should mention that.....I have a video going up tonight which might mean another 3 screens, but given the other projects on the go I might have to wait for "permission" from the wife (or at least acceptance ;) ).

Nice work washout. I've looked at those roughing mills many times but never bought one. After seeing that one in action I'm going to have another look!

Is that vice from ArcEuro? If so do you know which type it is? From memory there is a type 1 and type 2, with 2 having a spring arrangement to help retain the locking bolt. Which do you have and how are you getting on with it?
    Thanks
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Hi routercnc

Yes the vice is from ArcEuro - very nice bit of kit and its the one with a spring and the smallest of the three sizes iirc. It can be a bit fiddly finding the "notch" underneath that fits the piece you are trying to clamp but once you have its rock solid once tightened down and the faces/jaws are good enough for zeroing off of provided you haven't used the grooves to seat something inside as I did for the rod when milling those. Also it doesn't lift when clamped unlike the cheapo thing I used on the drill press.

Hope that helps and yes I was surprised on how good the roughing bit was even though I expect I have shortened its life somewhat following that "incident" :-)

Cheers

Chris

hahaha i like it what i have an 'oops' like that , makes you learn more about the machine ;-) it when the bit breaks that i go aaarg nooooo

Thread Information