. .

Thread: 3D Relief work

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hi All
    I know its been a while since i posted but have been to busy loosing money ( may as well tell it how it is )
    But i was wondering if anyone on here knows of anyone on here that converts pictures to 3D STL relief models to be carved on the cnc

Pete

if your not after a freebie have a look at his work in the link..i don't what his rates are.

http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/5972-...ighlight=veres

Not quite sure what you are looking to do, but PhotoVCarve from Vectric will take pictures and produce "relief" toolpaths. You need to look at the website to see what it can do. Commercial product (i.e. it costs) but free trial available.

I have used 123D Catch to convert a set of photographs of an object to a 3S STL model, then used a freeware programme to turn it into a toolpath. 123D Catch is a free online "service" where you upload your photographs and some time later download a model. I found it difficult to use, but it did work and I took a series of images of an object right through to a machined piece. I think I used Pycam for the 3D toolpath generation although I'm not sure about that now; these days I use the Vectric Cut3D programme (but that one costs as well).

Cheers bud I will check out the link , I dont want a freebe as i need to pass the cost on to the client for this work to be done Pete
    Quote Originally Posted by deisel View Post
    if your not after a freebie have a look at his work in the link..i don't what his rates are.

http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/5972-...ighlight=veres

Hi Bud
    I have the Cut 3d program and the Vectric 3D but it does not convert a photo to a 3d relief does it ?
    Pete
    Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    Not quite sure what you are looking to do, but PhotoVCarve from Vectric will take pictures and produce "relief" toolpaths. You need to look at the website to see what it can do. Commercial product (i.e. it costs) but free trial available.

I have used 123D Catch to convert a set of photographs of an object to a 3S STL model, then used a freeware programme to turn it into a toolpath. 123D Catch is a free online "service" where you upload your photographs and some time later download a model. I found it difficult to use, but it did work and I took a series of images of an object right through to a machined piece. I think I used Pycam for the 3D toolpath generation although I'm not sure about that now; these days I use the Vectric Cut3D programme (but that one costs as well).

Have a look at Vectric PhotoVcarve will do all you want.

Phill

Quote Originally Posted by phill05 View Post
    Have a look at Vectric PhotoVcarve will do all you want.

Phill
    Will have a look

Quote Originally Posted by petesos View Post
    Hi Bud
    I have the Cut 3d program and the Vectric 3D but it does not convert a photo to a 3d relief does it ?
    Pete
    No - that's what PhotoVCarve does. I had suggested a couple of ideas but they do very different things. Sorry if my post was confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    No - that's what PhotoVCarve does. I had suggested a couple of ideas but they do very different things. Sorry if my post was confusing.
    Cheers bud I will go and have a look at that and see where it leads me
    Pete

That from the link above seems to me like top quality jobs. Being myself an artist, have done myself a couple of things in the past, so i could spot the good stuff.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information