. .

Thread: Stepper problem

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    is your BOB getting sufficient power supply? it's a long shot but worth to get a separate 5V power supply (phone charger with high amp like the samsung ones ) and try powering it from that. at worse case you will end up with an extra charger hehe.

@uli12us

Hello :) Yes I am sure, I followed his instructions to the letter... I read carefully wiring diagrams from CNC4YOU and from the AM882 manual. I have checked several times.. I should try to plug my Mom's computer to see if the problem is not just the computer --'

I haven't tested the drives / motors the way you mention. How do you do that ? Drivers are brand new, they seem to work fine (they hold the motors in place when the Mach3 reset button is "up" and let them turn freely without power when it is "down").

@noplace
    That, my dear, is a great idea, it's probably the only thing I haven't tried. I happen to have a PC power supply laying somewhere in my room.
    Last edited by eurikain; 04-12-2015 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eurikain View Post
    Update:

I have:
    - 4 brand new AM882 drivers
    - brand new 5 axis bob
    - 4 brand new CNC4YOU Nema23 3.1Nm steppers

AND I AM STILL HAVING THE SAME ISSUE oO !!!!
    It's your Parallel port then. (or cable) Don't mess around buying new PC just buy an external Motion control card and you will be sorted out and have much better performance.
    If you buy new PC or PP card and stick with PP at best it will work ok but compared to external motion control it will still be rubbish.

So Don't Mess about just buy one.!! . . . Promise you won't regret it.

Edit: I'm not a Fan of Skpe so don't have it on this PC. Also without being in front of machine it's of limited use with problem like this.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 04-12-2015 at 06:51 PM.

@JAZZ here you are :D ! Thought you were on vacation :D (check you inbox ;) ). Can you recommend me a decent (please think about my student budget haha) one ?

@JAZZ here you are :D ! Thought you were on vacation :D (check you inbox ;) ). Can you recommend me a decent (please think about my student budget haha) one ?
    I had seen PM just ignoring you. . .Lol . . . No it just slipped my mind.

I am thinking about your Student budget and you can't afford to not get one. I told you before not to buy drives or anything because wasn't your problem but you didn't listen.!! . . . . Some folks just need to learn the hard way.!. .

I knew it haha :D !

Ohhhh I see :) I know you told me that, but honestly, don't you think I am better off with AM882 and the good Nema23 from CNC4YOU ?

I was just kidding about the budget. I am very happy I got good drives and motors, and a good linear PSU because I know that when I build another machine I can re-use those :)

Put the budget on the side. At this point I don't care anymore, I just want a good machine that will run smoothly. Can you still recommend a decent board :) ?

Ohhhh I see :) I know you told me that, but honestly, don't you think I am better off with AM882 and the good Nema23 from CNC4YOU ?
    Yes I do but that wasn't your problem at the time so in that context then No. The reaity is that you may have found just fitting a Motion control card from the start would have full fulled all your needs.?

But now you have gone this far then I'd say finish it properly with Motion control card. Given the fact you have BoB's and it's router with slaved axis then I'd say ESS Smooth stepper. So drop George (Komatis) a line and he'll sort you out I'm sure.

Thank you Jazz :) I will follow your instructions :)

Thanks for the promo Jazz!

Eurikain,

I will be in Antewerp over Christmas. If you are not in the area, I can pop an ESS in the Belgian post and save you a bit of money on postage from the UK
    https://emvioeng.com
    Machine tools and 3D printing supplies. Expanding constantly.

Great ! Have family around ? Be careful, I've heard Belgium's not safe these days lol :D Oh Dear, I live 30 minutes away from Brussels :) I'll PM you so we save this thread some bad jokes :)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information