. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by eurikain View Post
    Couldn't find a correct french translation for that slang one :/ I'm guessing you're saying "not worth anything" ;)

Even less than that mate !

Huh, weird, I thought they were commonly recognized, like open source licenses (GNU, Apache...). I'll give a call to my lawyer when I get time, I'm interested in the subject :)
    Last edited by eurikain; 13-09-2015 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eurikain View Post
    Huh, weird, I thought they were commonly recognized, like open source licenses (GNU, Apache...). I'll give a call to my lawyer when I get time, I'm interested in the subject :)
    ...and if your lawyer knows something about electrical things as well, you'll be laughing:)

The problem here is that a simple linear PSU is about a simple an electrical circuit as you can get, but the consequences of getting it wrong are serious. Get a proximity switch or BOB-to-driver wiring wrong, and you're unlikely to do anything much more serious than pop a fuse or give yourself a serious bit of head-scratching to do. Get mains wiring wrong and fatal shock or significant fire hazard are possible. In principle, it should be easy to describe but I wouldn't like to explain how to identify the wiring on a toroidal transformer with twin 110/220V primary windings. If you understand it, then you don't need the explanation and if you need the explanation, then you probably shouldn't try it! Which leaves the question about how you do learn through experience, and Jazz's suggestion that it needs a private one-one conversation that can be tailored to exactly your set of components, not some bunch of kit that someone else might buy randomly from eBay, is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    ...and if your lawyer knows something about electrical things as well, you'll be laughing:)
    Haha, my lawyer won't probably know anything about electricity, but may be about disclaimers :D

Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    The problem here is that a simple linear PSU is about a simple an electrical circuit as you can get, but the consequences of getting it wrong are serious. Get a proximity switch or BOB-to-driver wiring wrong, and you're unlikely to do anything much more serious than pop a fuse or give yourself a serious bit of head-scratching to do. Get mains wiring wrong and fatal shock or significant fire hazard are possible. In principle, it should be easy to describe but I wouldn't like to explain how to identify the wiring on a toroidal transformer with twin 110/220V primary windings. If you understand it, then you don't need the explanation and if you need the explanation, then you probably shouldn't try it! Which leaves the question about how you do learn through experience, and Jazz's suggestion that it needs a private one-one conversation that can be tailored to exactly your set of components, not some bunch of kit that someone else might buy randomly from eBay, is the way to go.
    Words of wisdom :) I'll contact Jazz in a few days. Thanks a lot for giving me the heads up !
    Last edited by eurikain; 14-09-2015 at 10:50 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information