. .
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Tom I've fitted couple hundred Chinese Prox switches and had probably less than 12 faulty ones. At just over £1 each they cannot be beaten by any Switch for the money. Don't use Omron but I'm pretty sure they will be quite bit more than £1. . . .You wasn't trying to use them with 5V was you.?

Regards Controller you get what you pay for I'm afraid and I cringe when I see people say they bought cheap chinese controller. EVERY motion controller for Mach is only as good the Plugin that runs it and NO Chinese controller is supported by Artsoft so your onto loser from the start.
    But can tell you decent Motion controller has the same if not more impact than going from Analog to Digiital drives. Combine the two and you have Huge improvement of PP and Analog.

Cslabs are my first choice but you won't go wrong with Pokeys 57CNC or UC300/UC100 if on budget.

Jazz I might be unlucky, 2 sensors were blinking close to target (made, not made state) all powered by 24V.
    XHC board wasn't budget £105, yes you correct they as good as plug-in, second one only works - sort off.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom J View Post
    XHC board wasn't budget £105, yes you correct they as good as plug-in
    Yes it is Budget it's just over priced.!!

Still not happy with the speed of X axis. Motor had to be slow down to 1450mm/min.
    Z and Y goes above 2000mm/min.
    Today I run only ballscrew nut with everything loose and still stalling.
    I remember noticed that on dry test (driver - motor) one was stalling at much lower speed.
    My motor is 23HS8630B with 1.6mH phase inductance, powered by 24V only, 6 cables (4 used only +A-A+B-B)
    I use 4 wires so winding are in series 0 is not in use

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unipolar 23 Nema.JPG 
Views:	155 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	18750
    I will keep it connected that way do not want to sacrifice torque at low speed, so need more voltage.
    Am I correct?

Tom 24V won't even get it out of first gear. but it will depend on what drivers you are using. if you have decent drives running about 50-70V it should fly.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Tom 24V won't even get it out of first gear. but it will depend on what drivers you are using. if you have decent drives running about 50-70V it should fly.
    I use DM542, they can handle max 50V, so I can not safely plug in to my big box
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0253.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	344.8 KB 
ID:	18751

Ok well can you try it at 45V and see how it goes
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

... will post results with 41.5V, that what I've got from torus trafo 2x30V 2x7A, after rectification voltage went up nicely.
    Waiting for GBU805 - Bridge Rectifier 8A 600V and capacitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom J View Post
    ... will post results with 41.5V, that what I've got from torus trafo 2x30V 2x7A, after rectification voltage went up nicely.
    Waiting for GBU805 - Bridge Rectifier 8A 600V and capacitors.
    Tom like I told you in PM you sent me.!! Voltage makes big difference to speed but even more so with Series wired motors. You'll see improvement with 42V but if you want real improvement then buy some 8 wire motors and wire them parallel. With series wound motors you'll need much more than 42v to get decent speed.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread Information