. .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom J View Post
    I think this is your option#3 " uses 2 inputs and 2 types of switch. NC wired in series for limits on one input. NO wired in parallel for Homes on other input"

Well kind of but your way is a bit mixed up because the (+) Limit is NC but the (-) limit along with Home are NO so doesn't have the safety on the (-) limit side if wire breaks.!

If you used all limits with NC wired in series on one input and homes with NO wired in parallel then you'll be safer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom J View Post
    I was wonder how you get away with having only one sensor, must use soft limits in Mach for safety. I've seen 3 sensors solution: limit+ limit- and home in one axis, but I think is not needed.
    Correct me pls. if we I am wrong.
    No Softlimits are optional and not required you still have Limit switch safety.
    Maybe what your not realising is that Mach only Watches Limit Inputs when working and ONLY watches Home Inputs When Homing and Ignores Limits while doing so. It also by default Moves one axis at a time so only looking for one Input to change state. If all set to same Pin # then any will do for mach.

This is why you can share one input for ALL axis homes & limits provided they use NO switches. Mach doesn't know or care which Switch triggered it just responds to the trip.
    So if cutting it see's this trip and knows it's a Limit so E-stops.
    If it's homing then it knows the Axis it's moving and when see's Home Input change state it sets the Home position for that Axis. Then moves onto next Axis and does the same. It doesn't care which switch tripped so in practice you can actually set say the X axis Home by triggering the Z or Y axis switch.!

The ONLY time it won't work is if you have changed the HOMING sequence so 2 or more Axis home at same time. In this case you need separate Home inputs for each axis.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 24-11-2015 at 06:50 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Thread Information