Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    I think my bits would be 90% aluminium. Providing I could do a bit of 3D machining (not fourth axis) and get a good surface finish, I'd be happy.

    I'd be interested in looking at the Denford - it would suit me well (not too large).
    Sorry if I'm going to sound negative but the Denford won't be good for Aluminium and 3D.! . . Why.? . . . Because of the lack of spindle speed.

    Aluminium in general needs faster spindle speeds than most mills can offer. Yes they will cut it no problem but feed rate will be slow and the surface finish not the best. This gets worse when your looking to do 3D work because often smaller Diameter tools are involved which require much higher spindle speeds.

    So if your thinking mostly aluminium work and looking at mills then bare spindle speed in mind.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:


  3. #12
    Your Denford is just what I am looking for. Have you decided to sell it yet or perhaps you already have? I would be very interested if you are. Call me on 07803 895933 if you wish. Thanks, Roy

  4. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Whurlyburd View Post
    Your Denford is just what I am looking for. Have you decided to sell it yet or perhaps you already have? I would be very interested if you are. Call me on 07803 895933 if you wish. Thanks, Roy
    Me? You should quote, we get alerted and then I know who you are referring to.

    Still using mine but if you are interested, make an offer.

  5. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Me? You should quote, we get alerted and then I know who you are referring to.

    Still using mine but if you are interested, make an offer.
    Hi Chaz,
    Id be interested in buying the mill, how could I get in touch?

    Chris

  6. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Crichards View Post
    Hi Chaz,
    Id be interested in buying the mill, how could I get in touch?

    Chris
    Ill pm you my email address.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. BUILD LOG: Steel Gantry Machine 1500x750x200
    By toomast in forum DIY Router Build Logs
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 19-04-2017, 07:31 AM
  2. polishing stainless steel machine
    By Blackrat in forum Gantry/Router Machines & Building
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 17-08-2014, 04:46 PM
  3. Milling mild steel
    By dudz in forum Machine Discussion
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 16-02-2014, 02:31 PM
  4. Milling Steel?
    By Musht in forum Metalwork Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-12-2012, 08:00 PM
  5. Cutting 1.6mm mild steel with a CNC machine?
    By HankMcSpank in forum Machine Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-05-2012, 09:56 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •