. .
    Might be just what you are looking for, 3 metres of rack & 3 pinions + shaft& bearings

Jeff.
    Nothing is foolproof......to a sufficiently talented fool!

Can you get away with a courser rack ?
    Reason I ask is we used to buy 2 mod, that's about 12 DP rack 25 x 25 or thereabouts in 1 metre lengths for £35 a length from Italy.
    May still be some brand new lengths kicking about. Pinions would have been 15 and 30 or 20 and 40 but probably got some of them somewhere.

Also converted a loading robot for GKN at Chesterfield that loaded cylinder liners into boring machines, took 1.5 meter racks off and replaced them with 3 metres ones, the old 1.5's may still be kicking about, again probably 2 mod.

John S -

Quote Originally Posted by Hemsworthlad View Post
    Cheers jeff will be watching this, buy it now is a bit high but i,ll suck it n see:clap:
    I thought it was a steal :heehee:

I paid 183 sovs plus the dreaded and delivery from MD for 3m of rack and 2 pinions.

You'r getting 3m of rack, 3 (count e'm 3!!!) pinions a machined shaft and the bearings to go with them. I give up! Stingy Yorkshire gits, worse than the Scots you lot!!

That's a wink by the way as Lee STILL has not seen fit to supply a quality , animated wink.

Jeff.
    Nothing is foolproof......to a sufficiently talented fool!

Quote Originally Posted by Hemsworthlad View Post
    I can can get 2mtr lengths rack for £42.00, pinion £8.40, bearing block £6.60 didnt price shaft but probably get 3mtr for £15.00ish so thats why said not too cheap.
    Who stocks that at this price, still use the odd length on refits when they come in.
    John S -

Thanks for the offer but as usual by the time you add shipping on, it's overall cheaper to pick the phone up and get a local delivery.

I have started setting my Ebay searches now for 10 miles of my post code, surprising what's local and can be picked up one night and call in a pub for a meal.

Got a flat screen monitor keyboard and mouse for £16 the other night and the guy delivered it so missed out on me steak, bastich.
    John S -

Thread Information