. .
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hi guy's been reading this forum for a while now and it's been very informative. I built a 5 x 10 plasma table everything is running but the switches. I need some help on wiring a 3 wire proximity switch to a this BOBThe model switch is a LMP1-3005NA What I need to know is what wires go where.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I'm using M542 drivers.
    Motors

* Manufacturer Part Number: 23HS45-4204S
    * Motor Type: Bipolar Stepper
    * Step Angle: 1.8 deg.
    * Holding Torque: 3.0Nm(425oz.in)
    * Rated Current/phase: 4.2A
    * Phase Resistance: 0.9ohms
    * Inductance: 3.8mH+/-20%(1KHz)
    BOB http://www.ebay.com/itm/Upgrade-Usb-...item2a4eceaf9b

Thanks

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails User_Manual_5_axis_Breakout_board.pdf  

Hi Mike,

You will not be able to wire the proximity switches directly to this BOB unless they are 5V. They will not connect to your motor drivers either.

The simplest diagram I can find is here: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/gecko-...12349-cnc.html
    It shows a 4 wire version but that is only because the sensor there is more advanced.

It will also help if you have a look at "Transistor" in wikipedia and such.

Can you point us in the direction of a datasheet for your sensors?
    https://emvioeng.com
    Machine tools and 3D printing supplies. Expanding constantly.

You can do this but will need a resistor or two.! . . . Thou can't help any more without knowing the switch type. ie NPN or PNP and date sheet on the switch.
    Also what voltage you want to power the switch with.? Ie 12V, 24V most prox switch will take between 6 - 36v
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 01-10-2015 at 04:23 PM.

First of all thank you guys for replying.

it's a 6 - 36v switch the wiring diagram that came with the switch is attached and I also included a picture of the switch. Since I'm not and electronics person I'm trying to find which wires go to what pin numbers and if a transistor is needed which one and how to connect it. I
    Im using a 12v transformer to power the switch.

Thanks again for the help if you need me to list something else I missed let me know.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3 wire back side.pdf   3 wire switch.pdf   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3 wire switch 039.jpg 
Views:	664 
Size:	236.4 KB 
ID:	16196  

Quote Originally Posted by mikem View Post
    First of all thank you guys for replying.

it's a 6 - 36v switch the wiring diagram that came with the switch is attached and I also included a picture of the switch. Since I'm not and electronics person I'm trying to find which wires go to what pin numbers and if a transistor is needed which one and how to connect it. I
    Im using a 12v transformer to power the switch.

Thanks again for the help if you need me to list something else I missed let me know.
    I thinks they are simply a +, - and a 'switch' wire.

I had a similier type, Brown to +5v, Blue to Ground (-5v), and the black wire to the 'Limit switch' terminal on my controller....
    I used NC Studio.

First of all you will need a 12v DC power supply.

The sensor is designed to work from a supply of 6 to 36v +V (Brown wire). 0V (ground) is connected to the Blue wire and the black wire is the sensor output, which switches to ground when triggered. When not triggered the black wire can be considered as not connected to anything internally in the sensor.

You will need a load resistor connected from 5v on the BoB to the black wire and to the input pin on the BoB. I use 10k ohm, the value is not critical but ideally should not be less than 1k or greater than 47k. The blue wire from the sensor should also be connected to ground on the BoB. The BoB must be supplied with a separate 5v power supply and I do not recommend using USB from the computer. This type of sensor acts as a switch between the black and blue wires. I have found that though rated 6-36v they do not work reliably below 10v.

Mach3 sees the input as triggered when it is at 0v.

Last edited by cropwell; 01-10-2015 at 10:49 PM.

The Blue wire label should be underneath pointing to the 0v (ground) line.
    I put a circuit diagram in here, but it got lost in the post.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sensor.jpg 
Views:	2817 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	16197  
    Last edited by cropwell; 01-10-2015 at 10:58 PM.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 21 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    That's an excellent answer Doc Cropwell
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

I'd like to thank all you guys for the help. When I get home saturday I'll hook them up the way explained.

Mike

cropwell

I connected them the way you said and it works. I conected the black wire to the imput and the 5v on the BOB. Now I'm trying to connect them in a junction box and the Y+ will trip but the Y- won't when there conected together. Can you tell what you think is wrong.

I used 1 4300 ohm transistor on the end at the BOB for both switches. I'm wondering if all the switches have to be run back to the board with seperate transistors.

They are the two blue switches on the bottom of the picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0508.JPG 
Views:	298 
Size:	111.7 KB 
ID:	16219  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information