. .
    Good evening.im currently looking into what options there are or what other members have done to upgrade a BF20 spindle motor.i currently machine a lot of aluminium and epoxy tooling board.any suggestions or recommendation much appreciated.

Not seen many upgrades on here to BF20 mill but I'd suspect if your wanting higher speeds for aluminium then you'll also need to upgrade the Spindle bearings.

No point fitting high speed motor if it knackers the spindle in short amount of time.!! End of the day these machines where never meant for high speed milling so you have to either accept the spindle limits or payup and do it properly.!!

Maybe consider a Sub spindle and make some adaption for say 2.2Kw water cooled spindle you can bolt on.?

Hi dean thank you for your reply.ive been looking at the damencnc spindle kit at 2.2kw spindle.ive recently brought the ballscrew conversion kit from them and so far pretty happy.i plan on purchasing a tormach in the coming months with some luck but still want to keep the BF20 running the parts it makes on a daily basis and use the new machine to widen the scope of work.

Quote Originally Posted by lukecnc2012 View Post
    Hi dean thank you for your reply.ive been looking at the damencnc spindle kit at 2.2kw spindle.
    It's just a mounting plate that he's asking €220 for.!! . . . You have the mill so make your own and stick 2.2Kw WC spindle on it.!! . . . Better still use a little imagination and make some adaptor plate so can have both without disturbing the mills orginal spindle.

Very true I may well make the adapter plate and motor to suit.i did make an enquiry on the HMSNZ spindle upgrade kit.im mainly looking at the moment to see what other members may have done.as the machine runs the parts at present with good results but always interested in seeing what extras or mods have been done to make small improvements

Thread Information