. .

Thread: Hello all

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi everyone i'm Dave from Kent, UK a mechanical engineer by trade.

This forum has really caught my eye, the CNC builds on here are excellent and I am planning to spec a plasma table build then put it to work, in time I will be looking for electronics & software package recommendations from the excellent members here as thats not my thing and I prefer to listen to the voices of experience!

I have seen candcnc & mach 3 as having pretty good reputations, any other options that you would like to recommend that are robust and suited to a UK location?

Anyway Hello! I will be around for a bit........

Quote Originally Posted by 1dr1** View Post
    Hi everyone i'm Dave from Kent, UK a mechanical engineer by trade.

This forum has really caught my eye, the CNC builds on here are excellent and I am planning to spec a plasma table build then put it to work, in time I will be looking for electronics & software package recommendations from the excellent members here as thats not my thing and I prefer to listen to the voices of experience!

I have seen candcnc & mach 3 as having pretty good reputations, any other options that you would like to recommend that are robust and suited to a UK location?

Anyway Hello! I will be around for a bit........
    Hi, Dave. I am Elson Patricio. I am Brasilian. I use mach3 for controlling my router.

Hello Dave
    I Live in Luton Bedfordshire, I too am looking to make a start with a CNC Router for wood ,possibly making toys for Christmas as starters , where did you see the CNC demonstrations . We've missed the Exhibition at the NEC, that would have been good , do you know of any where else where they demonstrate. All the Best desmo11225

Quote Originally Posted by desmo11225 View Post
    Hello Dave
    I Live in Luton Bedfordshire, I too am looking to make a start with a CNC Router for wood ,possibly making toys for Christmas as starters , where did you see the CNC demonstrations . We've missed the Exhibition at the NEC, that would have been good , do you know of any where else where they demonstrate. All the Best desmo11225
    Hi and welcome to the forum the post you are referring to is nearly 3 years old and the guy has only posted once.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Thank You CliveS. I should have known better and looked at the date posted, I have been using a welding forum for ages so there is no excuse really.
    Any how ,do you know where we could see a wood working cnc router working some where around here or point me in the right direction .
    I think that in the future we will need to know about CNC Machines , we have a very large work shop which is being gradually renovated, so there is plenty of room .
    Thank You for Your Reply. desmo11225

desmo11225
    Check out this link, http://skpromotions.co.uk/
    if you can manage a run upto Harogate. it's been a lot of years since i have been but if you check the demonstrators there might be something of interest.
    Regards
    Mike
    just had a look can't see CNC/ can't delete
    Last edited by mekanik; 09-10-2018 at 01:42 PM.

Thread Information