. .
    Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    I have been very conservative with my Denford mill and my new servos but feel that the machine moves too slow when not cutting.

My motors spin at max 3000 rpm, my leadscrews are 5mm pitch with a gearing of 1.4:1 (roughly).

Any suggested max values for Velocity / Acceleration? What is reasonable?

Thanks

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    So I played around. At 3000mm/min, I get PID errors. I need to do more tuning on my motors but a lack of serial port, to run the software is a problem. Need to get that fixed first.

Very hard to suggets settings Charl because every machine is different. It's just case of trial and error tweaking to suit your machine.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Very hard to suggets settings Charl because every machine is different. It's just case of trial and error tweaking to suit your machine.
    Thanks.

Didnt expect 10K moves. 2K is nice already for free travel at least.

Hi Chaz

Which Mill ? I have a quattro mill with heidenhain controller and my friend has one with a fanuc .

Regards

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by gasmeter View Post
    Hi Chaz

Which Mill ? I have a quattro mill with heidenhain controller and my friend has one with a fanuc .

Regards

Peter
    My Triac VMC that has been retrofitted with newer servo motors etc.

Thread Information