. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hello all!

I've just joined up, and here's a little bit about me. I've worked in engineering for the last 30 years, running my own 'one man band' business for the last 15. My workshop is small, but jammed full of machinery etc. Machinery includes Hurco Hawk CNC mill, Europa bed mill, Colchester Mascot lathe, Holbrook high speed lathe, Kearns S type borer, Societe Genevoise jig borer and my newest addition, an Emco Padovani E260 lathe, along with miscellaneous equipment, pillar drill, press, welder etc.
    It's the Emco lathe equipped with a Fagor 8055T control that has prompted me to join MYCNCUK. I need to start a thread later hoping to find someone with knowledge of these machines, even better if they are not far from West Gloucestershire!
    I've never been a member of any forums before, so please bear with me as I find my way around, and I look forward to communicating with like-minded people!

Thanks for reading!

Hi Northstar and welcome to the forum.

Wow, that is defiantly a well kitted out workshop you run there, coupled with your experience running that business I'm betting its quite the place to work and learn from!

Don't worry too much regarding being new to online forums, you're not our first and there isn't allot that can go wrong :), if you require any help finding your way around the forum please don't hesitate in contacting me for help, if you click on my username above, you will get a few options on how you can contact me.

Let's see if we can get you the help you need, we definitely have other Emco users here on the forum, I noticed you haven't posted since, did you manage to find the information you are looking for regarding the lathe or do you need to start a new thread?, I'm happy to help with that too if you're struggling to get started, just let me know!

.Me
    .Me

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the welcome. I've not posted yet as time has been at a bit of a premium these last few days!

As yet I've not found the information I require, and am hoping to find time to devote to getting the Emco sorted very soon. Unfortunately I have limited experience with CNC machinery, having spent most of my working life in a toolroom environment, or working on small batch jobs which have been more suited to manual machinery. The Emco purchase was necessary to secure further work, but it does appear that there are issues with the control system, possibly with some of the parameters which appear to have been altered for some reason by the previous owners.

I look forward to hopefully getting the help I need, and being able to contribute back to the MYCNCUK community.

Regards,

Northstar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    Hi Northstar and welcome to the forum.

Wow, that is defiantly a well kitted out workshop you run there, coupled with your experience running that business I'm betting its quite the place to work and learn from!

Don't worry too much regarding being new to online forums, you're not our first and there isn't allot that can go wrong :), if you require any help finding your way around the forum please don't hesitate in contacting me for help, if you click on my username above, you will get a few options on how you can contact me.

Let's see if we can get you the help you need, we definitely have other Emco users here on the forum, I noticed you haven't posted since, did you manage to find the information you are looking for regarding the lathe or do you need to start a new thread?, I'm happy to help with that too if you're struggling to get started, just let me know!

.Me

Thread Information