Yep, used to see it a lot years ago.

White spirit any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Davek0974 View Post
    White spirit any good?
    Kerosene

yes but where can you buy it?

yes but where can you buy it?
    Most Farming or heating fuel suppliers will stock it. . . . It's basicly low grade Diesil.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 23-03-2016 at 12:49 PM.

ok, thanks, I gather we are talking mostly paraffin in the mix - 10% oil or more?

I have one of those misters as in post #1, I am going to try it with a solenoid valve to pulse the air, using an Arduino to control it via a relay, so I can experiment with pulse and space times. It won't be until I have built my machine though, later this year.
    Last edited by cropwell; 24-03-2016 at 02:42 PM.

That would likely work ok, but set the jet in the nozzle so that it makes droplets not mist, will need to pressurise the fluid container as well.

Well I made a Fog-Buster style unit and it does a pretty god job of fogging the shop up :(

What do we need to do to it to stop it fogging and start it splattering?

I'm using a 0.6 mig tip, maybe too small? might run a drill up it and see what happens, It also only works wit two pressure regulators - the fluid must be set higher than the air blast.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 15 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Well I made a Fog-Buster style unit and it does a pretty god job of fogging the shop up :(

What do we need to do to it to stop it fogging and start it splattering?

I'm using a 0.6 mig tip, maybe too small? might run a drill up it and see what happens, It also only works wit two pressure regulators - the fluid must be set higher than the air blast.
    Dave how have set it up. Did you see the dxf post #6 I use one reg on the compressor and one into the container. You do need a needle valve as well.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Different shape but essentially the same, I followed dimensions I found online, 2.2mm through-bore with 1mm fluid bore, I have a flow control on the fluid inlet, one regulator on the fluid feed and one on the air feed.

I think the nozzle is too small at 0.6mm, I will drill out to 1mm and try that - it should reduce air velocity and increase droplet size hopefully.

Edit

Just been looking at the Original Fog-Buster web site an they have no nozzle at all - just a plain tube so I might just cut the nozzle off and try that.
    Last edited by Davek0974; 25-03-2016 at 08:07 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information