. .
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hi, I'm just building my router type milling machine and I'm just looking for possible solutions for later in the build.
    Right now I'm thinking of coolant delivery, well more spray delivery and I have come across these air pumps on ebay
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$_35.JPG 
Views:	585 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	16338
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2719635831...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

And also these
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$_57.JPG 
Views:	527 
Size:	105.9 KB 
ID:	16340
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2519765240...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Now I know that the pump is rated for continuous use with 4200 litres an hour, just over a litre per second but I cant see what PSI it gives so I'm wondering if anyone has tried these together and if so do they work and If not do you have any cheap solutions of your own?

Cheers, Charlie

Seem to remember someone selling those two as a set not long ago. They should work fine.
    https://emvioeng.com
    Machine tools and 3D printing supplies. Expanding constantly.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to komatias For This Useful Post:

I bought one of those misting nozzle kits, not impressed with it - its a mister and creates a cloud, I am going to build a fogless coolant system instead.

Forgot about this, but just for future reference if anyone else thinks of trying this....DON'T!! The pump just isn't suitable, if I start to syphon the coolant then the pump will draw it through but its ore like a trickly jet if thats a real thing! definately no mist and I'd argues at the stated output of that air pump.
    Oh well, it was a cheap enough experiment.
    Cheers, Charlie

It happens;)

I wasted a bit yesterday in thinking an air-line lubricator might work - it didn't. Seems they only inject the fluid when the tool stops and starts, a constant flow does nothing, ah well.

Will just have to build the proper unit.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 19 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Davek0974 View Post
    I bought one of those misting nozzle kits, not impressed with it - its a mister and creates a cloud, I am going to build a fogless coolant system instead.
    Dave I built a few of these just my version of a copy from a well proven design that put droplets in the air stream.
    The manifold was made from a hex piece of brass bar.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160323_081558021.jpg 
Views:	522 
Size:	326.8 KB 
ID:	17996Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160323_081648970.jpg 
Views:	495 
Size:	275.2 KB 
ID:	17997Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160323_081739069.jpg 
Views:	616 
Size:	201.4 KB 
ID:	17998

Lance fogger Hex Bar.dxf
    Last edited by Clive S; 23-03-2016 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Added dxf
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Nice, I have most of the parts, just need the time to build :)

Whats a good fluid for aluminium cutting??

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 19 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Nice, I have most of the parts, just need the time to build :)

Whats a good fluid for aluminium cutting??
    WD40 or paraffin oil mix etc.
    ..Clive

WD I can get but cant remember seeing paraffin anywhere round me for years now;)

WD I can get but cant remember seeing paraffin anywhere round me for years now;)
    Old tractors used to run on TVO
    ..Clive

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information