. .
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Isn't a mist spray of paraffin a ghastly accident looking for ignition?

Not saying you shouldn't, but I nearly lost my eyebrows spark eroding with paraffin electrolyte when I broke through in to a cavity.

Quote Originally Posted by Davek0974 View Post
    WD I can get but cant remember seeing paraffin anywhere round me for years now;)
    Lots of small garages still stock paraffin, make an effort and you'll find a cheap source of cutting lube.

I found it in the end ;)

Yes i have doubts about the safety of such things but there are people running alcohol, methylated spirits and all manner of deadly stuff on misters - the mind boggles.

That was one of the reasons i did not want to fog mist it - bigger droplets are harder to ignite.

WD40 seems popular, ignites just as easily and is just as flamable but smells a little nicer.

Nobody seems worried about breathing the stuff. You really need to run these things in an enclosure, with an extractor fan to the outside air (but you are not supposed to do that if you are industrial)

I might just change to suds - either mist or flood.

Cutting the nozzle off seems to have helped stopped the fog but need to see if it still clears the chips.

The mess that these machines create surprised me, I'm used to manual milling which can throw chips at times but these tend to disappear in a cloud of chips all round ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Davek0974 View Post
    The mess that these machines create surprised me, I'm used to manual milling which can throw chips at times but these tend to disappear in a cloud of chips all round ;)
    And you wouldn't believe how many people use little machines like these in spare bedrooms and cutting MDF.!!!!!

MDF is a bitch, end-of. ;)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information