First of all, Hello everyone and greetings from Norway.

I have been planning a build for pretty long time, And now i have finally get together to start up with designing a cnc.

Will throw up some pictures first, Here they are for now. (This is just the design i have for now, so it will need adjustments)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gantry.JPG 
Views:	276 
Size:	287.2 KB 
ID:	16369Click image for larger version. 

Name:	utkast 4 cnc ramme.JPG 
Views:	311 
Size:	703.7 KB 
ID:	16370Click image for larger version. 

Name:	utkast 5 cnc rammen front 4K.jpg 
Views:	330 
Size:	169.5 KB 
ID:	16371

First of all i need some opinions about the stiffness and all, As you might see, i have planned for a 4mm thick Alu plate along the extrusions to attach the rails to it.
The extrusions i have bough for now are 20x80 and 20x60, got 2 x 1500mm of both of em. I also have the ballscrew that is 1275mm long in total, and the rails that are 1250mm.

Have planned for C channeled extrusions for Y and Z axis, but not quite desided on that yet.

My main consernes are, Will this construction hold up ? Or will i need to just scrap the design ?
The area inside the frame is 1307x700 mm.

Hight from the table and up to the lower beam on gantry is 120mm.

Have bought 3 x Nema 23 420 oz for the job. and will be running either 1.5kw or 2.2kw water cooled spindle.
The table will be made of MDF, and will also be giving the build some low weight.

Ohh, And sorry for the spelling, lots of years since i was sitting on the school bench