. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lives in Wigan, United Kingdom. Current Activity: Viewing Admin Control Panel Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,915. Received thanks 227 times, giving thanks to others 775 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Referred 11 members to the community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenson View Post
    Does anyone have tips on how to remove the chuck on my WD13S pillar drill from Axminster?

The spindle has a taper directly on the end and pressed into the chuck. There is no 'key way' to release it. Tapping a bearing release fork between the chuck and drill body only acts to pull the spindle out of its bearings.

Perhaps a bit of dis-assembly lubricant and heat on the chuck? Any other tips?
    Well the wedges method is the preferred way, did you use two either side or just one, here is a link to the correct type, not sure whats going on with the price but I'm sure you can find others or make some: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371117648999

Here is a great video by a friend I follow on YouTube, he's doing a service on a chuck, uses the wedges method correctly and takes you through the motions and more:

https://youtu.be/h_jQ7-UiWgI

.Me
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 29-10-2015 at 05:07 PM.
    .Me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information