. .
    I recently bought a denford cyclone with Fanuc 21i control, it has been in storage for a while so i wasn't expecting it to start up without throwing up a few errors.
    Turned it on for the first time today and it showed many errors...

401 SERVO ALARM :X AXIS VERDY OFF
    438 X AXIS:INV. ABNORMAL LOAD
    300 APC ALARM : X AXIS NEED ZRN
    300 APC ALARM : Z AXIS NEED ZRN
    300 APC ALARM : X AXIS BATTERY ZERO
    300 APC ALARM : X AXIS BATTERY DOWN1
    300 APC ALARM : Z AXIS BATTERY ZERO
    300 APC ALARM : Z AXIS BATTERY DOWN1

I have replaced the batteries on the fanuc beta servo drives, this has cleared the battery alarms but I am left with...

401 SERVO ALARM :X AXIS VERDY OFF
    438 X AXIS:INV. ABNORMAL LOAD
    300 APC ALARM : X AXIS NEED ZRN
    300 APC ALARM : Z AXIS NEED ZRN

Someone at work suggested that it might be that the axis had seized. I took off the side panel and moved the x axis to the centre of its travel. Seemed a little stiff at first but not too bad.

Now the 401 and 438 alarms have gone, and i am getting a 441 alarm - n AXIS : ABNORMAL CURRENT OFFSET

Does anyone have any idea what this problem could be and suggest what to test next?
    Last edited by jamesgates1000; 28-10-2015 at 05:18 PM.

401 alarm was saying the Ready signal went off.
    438 Alarm was saying the Servo detected Motor current was too high.
    441 Alarm is saying servo software is seeing an abnormality in the motor current detection circuit.

To me all this means either your axis is tight or siezed so the Motor is struggling and tripping the Servo drive or the Servo drive it's self playing up (or has incorrect current settings for that motor)

You can find all the Error codes here. http://www.cncalarms.com/fanuc-alarm...303134227d7d7d

Cheers jazz, I can move the axis by hand so don't think it is seized. Is it worth taking the belt off to rule out a mechanical bind? And is swapping the servo drives the best way to check if the drive is playing up?
    I guess that the drive could have lost its current settings when the battery died in the servo drive, if that is where they are saved. But the z axis battery died too and I'm not getting an error on that axis.

Yes both those are worth trying if not a big task to remove.

But first it may be worth checking the drive parameters against one that is working. If same then I'd check all Cables and wires for corrosion etc, esp if it's been stood.

Just got round to having a look at the machine, got the original machine parameters from the guys at denfordata.com and checked them. No problem there. Wiring all looks good, double checked all the connectors were okay.
    Today I unplugged the motor and encoder from the x axis servo drive, still got the error plus one more for unplugging the encoder.
    Then I tried swapping all the cables to the x and z servo drives, now the 441 error is on the z axis. So I guess that points to a fault with the servo drive. Unless anyone can think of anything else it could be?
    Does anyone know of a good company that could repair or replace the drive?

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgates1000 View Post
    Then I tried swapping all the cables to the x and z servo drives, now the 441 error is on the z axis. So I guess that points to a fault with the servo drive.
    No it points to the motor or Encoder if all you did was swap the motors over and it's jumped to the Z axis.!! . . . Or have I read that wrong.?

What type of Motors are they ie: AC servo or DC servo.? Brushed or Brushless.?

Thanks for the quick reply Jazz

Maybe I didnt phrase that right.

I have been getting the 441 alarm on the x axis

I disconnected the motor from the x axis drive and still got the error- thought that this would rule out an issue with the motor.

Then i swapped over the z and x axis drives completely - now the 441 error is on the z axis.

Not sure what the motors are but i will find out tomorrow and post.

Sent the drive to Pennine automation for testing, they confirmed the fault was with the drive and replaced it.
    I put it in the machine, homed the axes now everything is working as it should do. Thanks for the help on this. James

Thread Information