. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Noplace View Post
    why stop at HAAS when you can 'need' a dmg mori or a mazak or a makino
    Because there's a Difference.!! Both those machines are realisticly with in reach of the average Man who's prepared sign up to sacrifice Food, Drink and sleep for next 5yrs.!! . . . Mori and Mazak's you don't eat for 10yrs. .

2. Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Because there's a Difference.!! Both those machines are realisticly with in reach of the average Man who's prepared sign up to sacrifice Food, Drink and sleep for next 5yrs.!! . . . Mori and Mazak's you don't eat for 10yrs. .
    And you'd need a spare warehouse to keep it!!
    Last edited by JoeHarris; 08-07-2016 at 01:03 AM.

3. ...being able to turn something 3m long and 1m diameter would be handy though...

Lives in bristol, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 26-11-2017 Has been a member for 4-5 years. Has a total post count of 31. Received thanks 3 times, giving thanks to others 0 times.
    Hi Suesi

It fits. You need to change holder type. For ATC you need more anyway...

Regarding DIY CNC and ATC - has no sense, unless you are very restricted with space, or you have special needs. Easier is to buy used industrial grade machine (and update the controller if needed). It is also more reliable.
    Such I can make one for you. Can be also for steel (mineralcast).

I have seen a lot of cheap ATC spindles. Common problem: cheap means small diameter bearings ... Whatever you do stiffness suffer. It is cheaper to buy 2 solid fixed spindle motor than one reasonable good ATC (depends also on Max RPM)

For RPM up to 12.000 : buy an old low profile motor for circular saw with 2" (or at least 50 mm) bearings. With investment of ca 1000 GBP (bearings and machining), - you will get a 15 Nm milling spindle with ATC capability (prices started at 7000 +).

regards

martin
    Last edited by fifa; 20-02-2017 at 12:24 AM.

Is there and engineering drawing for this please, id like to see if it might fit my machine :)

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    This was sold via eBay a while ago, but for completeness, here's the cartridge dimensions. I'm not even sure if Dale is still selling spindles or not.
    His website is dalecnc.com, but I'd suggest looking at other options.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CartridgeFootPrint.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	431.0 KB 
ID:	22914
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to m_c For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information