. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Posting this here to see if there's any interest, as I currently have no use for it.

It's a complete ISO15 spindle, with 8 BT15-ER16 tool holders, and air cylinder for the release.

I'm open to offers.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Hello m_c,

This bit of kit you have here is interesting to me, in as much as I would like to undertand how such would be set up. It is not the tool for me mind. I am looking for an ATC that will take a 12.7mm / 1/2" collet then someone to build me a router. That said, I bet this will make someone a nice bit of kit. If you have anymore info I would like to have a read up on it just out of interest.

All the best

Suesi

I'm guessing it's this one?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...le/description

If so, what rated speed are the bearings you got in it? I may be interested...
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I'm guessing it's this one?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...le/description

If so, what rated speed are the bearings you got in it? I may be interested...
    Not sure if this helps you Jonathan, that kickstarter sure dose look like the right one though:

"The spindle cartridges and spindle shaft kits are supplied with NTN P42 25deg sealed angular contact bearings and are available with optional ceramic bearings at an additional cost."

.Me
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 31-10-2015 at 07:33 PM.
    .Me

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Yes, it's the kickstarter spindle, and I only went for the standard bearings, which are supposed to be rated for 15'000rpm.

If it had been delivered on time, I would of had a use for it, however at the moment it's just an expensive shelf decoration unless I happen to find a cheap donor machine.
    Last edited by m_c; 31-10-2015 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    Yes, it's the kickstarter spindle, and I only went for the standard bearings, which are supposed to be rated for 15'000rpm.

If it had been delivered on time, I would of had a use for it, however at the moment it's just an expensive shelf decoration unless I happen to find a cheap donor machine.
    Hi M-C,

Just been reading your posts and I could be interested in this spindle. Can you give an idea of what your after for it?

Cheers

Ali Kat

As it stands, it cost me $1200 plus import tax/VAT.
    I know I probably won't get anywhere near that, but I'm not going to let it go for nothing!

Feel free to PM me an offer.

Thanks for the info. I think on this occasion I will take note of the difference between 'need' and 'want'.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Thanks for the info. I think on this occasion I will take note of the difference between 'need' and 'want'.
    Oh I really NEED a Haas VF4 SS and even more I WANT UMC750 but ain't going to see either this side of never . . Lol

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Oh I really NEED a Haas VF4 SS and even more I WANT UMC750 but ain't going to see either this side of never . . Lol
    why stop at HAAS when you can 'need' a dmg mori or a mazak or a makino

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information