. .
    Hi
    I have purchased a 1.5 kW Chinese spindle and need cable from inverter to spindle.
    It seems from what I have read, a sutable cable to use would be; Alpha Wire 4 Core Screened 14AWG?

Does any one know where I can obtain aprox 2 meters length of this cable, in the UK? (As I do not wish to purchase a whole drum.

No you don't need anything that heavy 1.5mm/2 or even 1mm/2 CY cable will work fine. Also while there will be 4 pins on the connector only 3 or them are actually used so you only need 3 core.
    Often poeple use 4 core because it's the same cable they would use for the steppers. Or they want to add there own a Ground for the spindle, personaly I don't find a need.

I can suggest a supplier that will sell by the meter but they will want more for carriage than the cable so probably not worth it really. You'll be better going to Maplins or local electrical supplier and asking for CY cable.
    http://www.csecables.com/acatalog/CY-Cable-p1.html

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Thank you Dean. I have just ordered some 1mm/2 CY cable on ebay . 3 meters total £10 (yes a lot of money , but I can not find any cheaper and I wont it now).
    Last edited by 142victoria; 02-11-2015 at 01:48 AM.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 17 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by 142victoria View Post
    Thank you Dean. I have just ordered some 1mm/2 CY cable on ebay . 3 meters total £10 (yes a lot of money , but I can not find any cheaper and I wont it now).
    I hope you ordered 3 or 4 core and not 2 core !!
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Thanks Clive , Sure thing .(Thats is 1mm/squared)

Thread Information