Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgates1000 View Post
    As someone has said above, an M0 is the best way to pause the program.

    An example would be...
    (this is based on fanuc/has g code but the format will be the same)

    ...
    G83 Z-10 R3. Q3. G99 (drilling cycle)
    X4. Y6. (hole position 1)
    X44. Y46. (hole position 2)
    G0 Z50. (rapid away from job in z)
    X0. Y0. (rapid to home/change position)
    M0 (program stop)
    ... Continue program

    The M0 will pause the program until you press the green cycle start button again.
    Thanks James, I'll "air cut" a small program with this in and try M0! The list of G-code commands I have just says program stop and nothing about a re-start so I didn't want to use this, certainly not in anger.
    Neil...

    Build log...here

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by njhussey View Post
    (see above pic, I use masking tape...
    I saw the tape and suggested clamping the edges because you were taping, not clamping the work.
    Masking tape is specifically designed to be removable and doesn't offer much hold down capability in the face of a persistent force such as the lift from spiral flute milling or routing.
    Swapping to a good commercial grade of gaffer tape and ensuring the tape runs down the vertical side of the work and contacts the spoil board at the edge of the work will give you a big improvement in hold,

    - Nick

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    I saw the tape and suggested clamping the edges because you were taping, not clamping the work.
    Masking tape is specifically designed to be removable and doesn't offer much hold down capability in the face of a persistent force such as the lift from spiral flute milling or routing.
    Swapping to a good commercial grade of gaffer tape and ensuring the tape runs down the vertical side of the work and contacts the spoil board at the edge of the work will give you a big improvement in hold,

    - Nick
    Hi Nick, plans are to make some ali clamp blocks a bit like inverted T nuts that will clamp the edges which will also mean that I can then machine multiple balsa strips in one go....however as with everything I'm running before I can walk.... I know, I'm heading for a fall! Will be catching up on everything over the Christmas period....
    Neil...

    Build log...here

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by njhussey View Post
    What code do you put in to do that? I put in M6 and it didn't flinch, just ran straight past it?!
    Well then your problem is that you haven't turned on tool changes in General Config. See pic.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	215.0 KB 
ID:	16471

    If the file your using is made up of two or more operations, whether that be 2 milling op's or Drill and then mill etc and each operation uses a different tool number then M6 will stop at the new tool and wait for cycle start.
    If like in your case your using same tool for both Op's then still give a separate T number to the second tool and it will do what you want and you won't have to mess around inserting M codes etc. (You have to do this to trick your Cam Post processor into inserting M6 other wise it will see same tool number for both tools and leave M6 out because it thinks you don't need to change tools)
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 06-11-2015 at 05:31 PM.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:


  6. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by njhussey View Post
    Thanks James, I'll "air cut" a small program with this in and try M0! The list of G-code commands I have just says program stop and nothing about a re-start so I didn't want to use this, certainly not in anger.
    Yeah that's what I thought as well, thats why i suggested instead the timed paused because my list did say programme will then resume, at least we know now :).

    .Me
    .Me

  7. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Well then your problem is that you haven't turned on tool changes in General Config. See pic.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	215.0 KB 
ID:	16471

    If the file your using is made up of two or more operations, whether that be 2 milling op's or Drill and then mill etc and each operation uses a different tool number then M6 will stop at the new tool and wait for cycle start.
    If like in your case your using same tool for both Op's then still give a separate T number to the second tool and it will do what you want and you won't have to mess around inserting M codes etc. (You have to do this to trick your Cam Post processor into inserting M6 other wise it will see same tool number for both tools and leave M6 out because it thinks you don't need to change tools)
    I've had a look into it and as you say you need to specify the different tools first i.e. T1=1, T2=2 and then It'll wait...if you just put M6 in there like an idiot that I am then of course it won't do anything as it doesn't see a different tool......
    Neil...

    Build log...here

  8. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by njhussey View Post
    I've had a look into it and as you say you need to specify the different tools first i.e. T1=1, T2=2 and then It'll wait...if you just put M6 in there like an idiot that I am then of course it won't do anything as it doesn't see a different tool......
    No if you insert it your self manually then it should still stop because Mach's STANDARD M6 macro doesn't Know or care about the tool number it just stops and waits for cycle start. Then enters the next tool number has the current tool in Mach's Tool DRO.

    It doesn't do any checks to see if the current tool is same has the next tool so if you insert M6 before the next tool then even if that tool has the same number it will stop and wait. Then it enters this same number again, obviously on screen it looks like nothing changed because it's same number but it did still do the change.

    It's the Cam post processor that leaves the M6 out if tools have the same number. So if it's missing M6 then it's because the tool change is turned off in General Config.

  9. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    No if you insert it your self manually then it should still stop because Mach's STANDARD M6 macro doesn't Know or care about the tool number it just stops and waits for cycle start. Then enters the next tool number has the current tool in Mach's Tool DRO.

    It doesn't do any checks to see if the current tool is same has the next tool so if you insert M6 before the next tool then even if that tool has the same number it will stop and wait. Then it enters this same number again, obviously on screen it looks like nothing changed because it's same number but it did still do the change.
    Cheers Dean I'll check on Monday as I'm off oop norf to see the bin lids this weekend so no CNC, though I'll be doing the CAM for the next batch of parts for my new plane!!
    Last edited by njhussey; 06-11-2015 at 06:09 PM.
    Neil...

    Build log...here

  10. #19
    Dean, as usual you were spot on....went into General Config and changed it to tool change and works a treat...thank you!
    Neil...

    Build log...here

  11. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by njhussey View Post
    Dean, as usual you were spot on....went into General Config and changed it to tool change and works a treat...thank you!
    No Probs neil pleased it's working.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone got some 2.5D G-code please ?
    By dudz in forum Programmers Corner
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 22-06-2013, 11:21 PM
  2. Cambium Code Web Tools Parametric G-code Generation
    By CambiumMachines in forum Manufacturer News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-01-2013, 04:56 AM
  3. Cnc Code Maker - 2D CAD/CAM
    By CncCodeMaker in forum Programmers Corner
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 18-04-2010, 09:31 PM
  4. G Code help
    By moose007 in forum Programmers Corner
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 22-05-2009, 11:39 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •