. .
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    guys quick question, if I decide to get the CSMIO-IP-M with leadshine EM806, do I have to use resistors to limit the current of pul/dir signals? it is mentioned in the driver document but is it really necessary since output is so low from the CSMIO?

Quote Originally Posted by Noplace View Post
    guys quick question, if I decide to get the CSMIO-IP-M with leadshine EM806, do I have to use resistors to limit the current of pul/dir signals? it is mentioned in the driver document but is it really necessary since output is so low from the CSMIO?

I've got this controller with am882 drivers. If the am882 step and direct ports are featured with 5v then the datasheet says no resistors are needed, and on the csmio-ip-m it's says somewhere in the manual that the step and direct outputs are at 5v so I've not installed and resistors.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotty101 View Post
    I've got this controller with am882 drivers. If the am882 step and direct ports are featured with 5v then the datasheet says no resistors are needed, and on the csmio-ip-m it's says somewhere in the manual that the step and direct outputs are at 5v so I've not installed and resistors.
    hmm ok so it outputs 5V for step/dir signals but 24v for other I/O ? I guess that works out but I quickly glanced at the manual it does say 5v but not exactly being direct about it. I heard it mentioned in the forums that the CSMIO has advantage of everything running at 24v so I assumed the step/dir was at 24v as well

thanks for the info!

I'm not sure that only being 5V matters too much in this case. Connections will be short inside the control box, and if you use twisted pair and differential connections there is a pretty high degree of noise immunity anyway. You will be using differential connections?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Neale For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Noplace View Post
    No don't need resistors the Motor output logic are 5v differential which is common Input logic on most drives. Being differential makes them very noise immune. I/O logic is 24v which is very important when it comes to noise.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    I'm not sure that only being 5V matters too much in this case. Connections will be short inside the control box, and if you use twisted pair and differential connections there is a pretty high degree of noise immunity anyway. You will be using differential connections?
    Didn't see the other posts answering the question but just to back up what neale says about being 5v. The Cslabs are by far the best controllers I've used when it comes to noise immunity and by some way. Not many controllers can handle working along side high frequency devices like TIG welders but these do without any sign of trouble.
    Wiring with differential connections is essential to give you best protection so makes sure you do.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

will do, once I succumb to purchasing it haha , thanks all.

I have an Asrock Q1900M with celeron dualcore prozessor afaik
    2Ghz and 2GB DDR3 Ram, because the board should only control the machine, I have added a 64GB SSD. the board only needs 10W and the SSD nearly nothing, the big advantage is, a SSD can't be damaged as easy as a HD.

12. How do you work around the lack of homing for slave axis? The manual states "In the CSMIO/IP-M slave axis support is not available" but folks clearly use it on slaved machines?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeHarris View Post
    How do you work around the lack of homing for slave axis? The manual states "In the CSMIO/IP-M slave axis support is not available" but folks clearly use it on slaved machines?
    There is no work around Joe. While the IP-M does indeed slave the axis very well it can't home each axis independant. Well not yet anyway, I'm sick of asking Cslabs and while it's an easy thing for them to make happen they don't seem interested because they think it will affect sales of the Ip-S. I've pleaded with them in many emails to try make them see it will only increase sales not lower sales because not many DIY level users will buy there Ip-S because it's expensive at this level.
    Maybe if others emailed they'd see the error of there decision.!!

I don't know of anyone who is using one for a slaved axis Machine.?
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 31-12-2015 at 01:28 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information