. .
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Your talking about different things again. Fault signals do just that and signal faults but you still have to turn the drives and things on in the first place and this requires power to pass thru contacts.

Safe E-stop system should disable power not just disable signals or outputs and Safe E-stop shouldn't allow power Reset if any safety condition isn't met.
    What you want to do would mean everything powers up instantly power is turned on at the wall or box switch. Controlled only by fault signals which are not safe.

Fault signals for things like stalled motors or limit trips or even VFD over current, temp etc are not E-stop conditions so just disableing signals or drive outputs to inform Control system and inhibit movemnet is ok but they don't islolate power which is what should happen in an E-stop condition.

Your idea won't work for number of reasons because of how the fault signals on the drives work and isn't safe anyway so I suggest you have re-think.

The Pilz makes it very easy because it has latching system and E-stop circuits built in so just use the contacts to control contactors for high current devices and with the fault signals driving relays etc to inform the control system or inhibit reset etc depending on what you want to protect.

Don't cut corners on safety just for the sake of buying a contactor. Equally don't risk damage to expensive Pilz relays for sake of Contactor and couple of relays.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Maybe this will make it a bit clearer. This is part of my machine drawings. The top one is the safety relay and this brings in the two safety relays in the other picture. The two safety relays control the main power for the drives, vfd and pumps. All the things that I would want to stop if there is an emergency. This does not cut the 24vdc power or the power for the cnc controller or any of the limit switches, homing switches or emergency stop switches
    .Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Drawing2.pdf 
Views:	231 
Size:	8.4 KB 
ID:	16990

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Web Goblin For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Your talking about different things again. Fault signals do just that and signal faults but you still have to turn the drives and things on in the first place and this requires power to pass thru contacts.

Safe E-stop system should disable power not just disable signals or outputs and Safe E-stop shouldn't allow power Reset if any safety condition isn't met.
    What you want to do would mean everything powers up instantly power is turned on at the wall or box switch. Controlled only by fault signals which are not safe.

Fault signals for things like stalled motors or limit trips or even VFD over current, temp etc are not E-stop conditions so just disableing signals or drive outputs to inform Control system and inhibit movemnet is ok but they don't islolate power which is what should happen in an E-stop condition.

Your idea won't work for number of reasons because of how the fault signals on the drives work and isn't safe anyway so I suggest you have re-think.

The Pilz makes it very easy because it has latching system and E-stop circuits built in so just use the contacts to control contactors for high current devices and with the fault signals driving relays etc to inform the control system or inhibit reset etc depending on what you want to protect.

Don't cut corners on safety just for the sake of buying a contactor. Equally don't risk damage to expensive Pilz relays for sake of Contactor and couple of relays.
    thank you for clearing it, no worries I will not cut corners as I'm learning from you what needs to be done thats why am asking hehe. if you see my current setup you will cry as there is no safety and just E-Stop connected to BOB which signals mach3 to shut down movement. designing the new panel is challenging but I'm trying

Hi Guys
    Got question regard that module.
    So far I only done bench test with basic circuit including:

Panasonic CF-19 Toughbook - win7 64bit
    CSMiO-IP-M
    Motors Nema 24Hs39-3008D 4.2A 8 wires in Bi-Polar Parraller
    Driver DM 542A Longs (1/4 steps, 1/2 holding current)
    42VDC PSU - torus trafo.

1. Why voltage doesn't appear in 5V and 24V box?
    2. Motor stalls above 1.5m/min (5mm ballscrew pitch, gear ratio motor20/18screw, 1/4 miocrostep - about 177 steps/rev)
    I had the same thing with nema 23 motors on bench but in machine they reach 5.1m/min - scratching my head why?
    Max motor speed 1500mm/min (free spinning)

Resonance is why they stall on the bench but work fine on machine. With cheap Analog drives like those from Longs then it's worse than with better quality drives and much worse than Digital drives.

If those drives where Digital then on machine you'd reach 7-8mtr/min and have much smoother performance.

If your only getting 1.5Mtr/min on machine and sure all your tuning/setup is correct then I'd start looking for some serious binding.?

How did you wire the Motors parallel or Series.?

Why the Voltage isn't displaying I'm not sure it could be the plug-in or PC. Make sure your running Mach3 as Admin.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Resonance is why they stall on the bench but work fine on machine. With cheap Analog drives like those from Longs then it's worse than with better quality drives and much worse than Digital drives.

If those drives where Digital then on machine you'd reach 7-8mtr/min and have much smoother performance.

If your only getting 1.5Mtr/min on machine and sure all your tuning/setup is correct then I'd start looking for some serious binding.?

How did you wire the Motors parallel or Series.?

Why the Voltage isn't displaying I'm not sure it could be the plug-in or PC. Make sure your running Mach3 as Admin.
    Thanks Dean

Those drive meant to be digital 'DM' but they are fake (they do not have autotuning like Leadshine) dodgy ebay seller:(

Only getting 1.5m/min on bench, on Machine 5.1m worst axis, 7m easy on Z, all with genuine digital drive.

Motor wired as described - Bi-Polar Parraller (8 cables)

Mach runs as Admin, tried both laptop same result - seen video without those reading
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	csmio voltage missing.PNG 
Views:	323 
Size:	568.2 KB 
ID:	20140
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	csmio voltage missing.PNG 
Views:	246 
Size:	672.9 KB 
ID:	20139  
    Last edited by Tom J; 02-01-2017 at 01:29 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information