. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Well now it looks like I can't afford anything for a while. I had to buy a new office printer after the old colour laser 'refused to cooperate'. I shall be taking it for an extended holiday at the recycling centre !

I have a reasonable Mig machine, so I can live with that, but Tig would have been a nice toy. I have learned a lot about Tig in the past couple of days though.

Cheers

Rob

What a bummer! If you do decide to get one in the future I can recommend R-Tech. I went down the same route as you by the looks of it and ended up spending slightly more on an R-Tech unit. The service and returns was the main thing that swayed me, didn't fancy sending a faulty machine back to china! Its been faultless for 5 years now. I also got mine as an ex display unit which brought the price close to £300.
    Regarding the gas, I used Forest Gas in Lydney for pure argon if you're around that neck of the woods. I also use BOC argoshield for MIG on the volkszone offer, not sure if they are currently offering it but it was cheap at about £50/year rental and £25 fill.

Cheers
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by sambo2 View Post
    £50/year rental and £25 fill.
    I went for Hobbyweld, as I am not a habitual welder. The cylinder was a one off £60 and it is £30 a refill. I don't like paying rental for something that can sit in the workshop for 6 months at a time between jobs.

Cheers,

Rob

Thread Information