. .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicmanager View Post
    Finally, if you're likening this machine to a Tonka Toy perhaps I should go buy some 'Yorkies' !!! :D
    No for this machine you buy 'Milky Bars'.! . . . .'Yorkies' are for real Machines . .
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 14-11-2015 at 01:29 PM.

Ok... An example of a 'real' machine ?? Cost ?

Ok... An example of a 'real' machine ?? Cost ?
    Err do I detect a slight pissed off tone to your reply.?? . . . This wasn't my intention. I'm also sorry if don't or didn't like what I said about these machines but it's a fact.!! . . . Don't hang the messinger.

WHoa !! No ! No ! No !

I don't do pissed off .. ..

My old Dad taught me not to ask a dog an honest question and then start barking .... .. .( if you'll excuse the parody )

No, a genuine question .. .. . actually anticipating that the answer to the second question would provide the resolution to the first .. .. .. ie .. I'd like to drive a Rolls Royce but I can't afford to :)

S

My old Dad taught me not to ask a dog an honest question and then start barking .... .. .( if you'll excuse the parody )
    I like the sound of your Old Dad and No offense taken just some times hard to tell.!! . . . . Plus I have canny knack of unintentionally pissing people Off . . .Lol

Can't offer you an example of a Real machine to look at, Well Not without pissing you off even more.!! . .So Like "My Old Dad" told me don't look at what you can't afford it only "Pisses You Off".!!

The honest truth is there isn't really any affordable machines worth looking at this side of 5K unless you build your own. Those off the shelf machines at 4-5K tend to be over priced and under spec'd or designed for the money and not what I'd call even "Half Real" machine.

For a "Real" machine you need plenty of Wonga if your looking to buy rather than build.!

Yes, I liked the sound of my old dad, it was his left hand applied to my buttocks at speed I wasn't too keen on !

I came to the conclusion a while ago that an 'off the shelf' model was more wonga than I could justify .. .. so I've started to build one, based on the Sable machine but with some significant modifications. In order to achieve quality I reckoned on a 'bit at a time' approach and I've built the Y axis using a 30 x 30cm aluminium platen on linear bearings running up and down supported stainless linear rails on a heavy blockboard base. I've measured the horizontal and vertical run out and it's minimal. I need to design, get machined and then assemble the gantry next; it will be rigid fixed to the baseboard but at the moment, I'm thinking about how to maintain the parallel of the X axis.
    Meanwhile, I wanted something to read, mark, learn and inwardly digest the art of Mach3, Lazycam, Autoleveller and produce some PCB's in the process; all whilst having some fun with it !

Thank you for all your advice, much appreciated .. .. .. you should relax when talking to me, you'll find pissing me off a real challenge !

Bientot

S

Hi Jazz

Sorry, a question I meant to ask you and forgot .. .

Milling PCB's .. .. lubrication ? Necessary or not ? If so, what to use ?

Thanks

S

you should relax when talking to me, you'll find pissing me off a real challenge !
    Oh don't make it a Challenge please because by all accounts I'm naturally very talented at it.!! . . . Been Likened to a Vicious little Dog on a mission.

Sounds like you have made good start and have handle on things so why not stick a build thread up and then we can help you along the way with anything your struggling with. We'll also take the Piss has well mind but all done in good spirit and with genuine desire to help.

Hi Jazz

Sorry, a question I meant to ask you and forgot .. .

Milling PCB's .. .. lubrication ? Necessary or not ? If so, what to use ?

Thanks

S
    Not my thing really but the little I've done I'd say just bit of Blown Air.!

why not stick a build thread up and then we can help you along the way with anything your struggling with. We'll also take the Piss
    Yes, good idea .. .. I built the Y axis a while ago and it's in a box until the New Year or so whilst the budget fund recovers .. .. but when I get it out again I'll post it up .. ..

Back to the subject of reaction and over reaction, I have the most evil sense of humour which gets me into trouble regularly, so don't think you have a monopoly !

S

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information