. .
    Hello all,

Taken the windows off of my machine today, was just going to clean them and put them back on but they're got a couple of small cracks on the edges etc. I'm assuming they're just 6mm polycarbonate? Wouldn't be anything else would they? Just seemed odd that the corners had cracked so neatly, almost like glass.
    Also decided to pull the front covers off of the ATC assembly because they had no paint left on them, any recommendations for painting machine tool parts? I was just going to wash them, rub them with 600-800 to key them a bit, acetone wipe and then spray with whatever was recommended.
    Just want it all to look a bit neater in case I ever need to show a customer. The inside could do with a lick of paint, but it seems incredibly awkward.

Many thanks in advance!

Ross

Hi Ross
    Metal parts/ clean back to bare metal, abrade or blast clean, solvent clean,
    then you need etch primer, this is a two pack mix consisting of a paint base and an acid, then your paint of choice over that.
    Regards
    Mike

I recommend these machine paints, great colours and really nice finish if applied with a brush or spray...

http://www.stationaryengineparts.com...inery-Colours/

They sell a good grey primer too.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jamesgates1000 For This Useful Post:

Ahh perfect, I was wondering how to find a paint that was that sort of generic mc tool off white and they list one specifically as that vague colour! No problems with cleaning back to bare metal, the atc cover has been stripped bare by swarf!

Thats the external colours, I'd like the atc plate to be the same colour.

And that's how it is currently! Can see why it could do with a touch up!

I made the mistake of using a PolyUrethane paint on my lathe tray - it just bubbled up and auto stripped with the sudsoil.

Want to do it th e most cost effective way possible. Got a wedding in 4 months/christmas/trying to start a business. Looks like it was powder coated originally, but that's not something I can do at home of course

Thread Information