. .
    Hello setting up my small woodworking workshop in Fife looking to communicate with like minded folk to share Knowledge i have been working with wood for the past 46yrs and want to get into this now affordable method of manufacture

Hello and Welcome.

It's a great tool when used correctly and very rewarding. Opens up a whole new world if you let your imagination run free.
    Don't be shy ask any questions you have and when your up and running post some pics of your work we a love pics around here, Video better still.

Enjoy.!

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Hello and Welcome.

It's a great tool when used correctly and very rewarding. Opens up a whole new world if you let your imagination run free.
    Don't be shy ask any questions you have and when your up and running post some pics of your work we a love pics around here, Video better still.

Enjoy.!
    will do. I do have a good imagination still making final adjustments to my wee workshop, will post my results when prototyping my designs, if i do have any problems setting up and getting my g codes sorted out it would be great to have the necessary resources ie like minded m/f to hand

Also in Fife. Got a 6040 a few years back and haven't had time to play with it until I recently gave up the day job. Wife runs a laser cutter. Was trying to message you to meet up but cannot see the option, I couldn't remember my old username on here so newly registered. I have just last week been getting things setup again to have a play, got LinuxCNC running well. Had to replace stepper motor drivers with our machine. Lots to discuss if you want to :)

would be great to meet up find out how your linuxcnc system is running lots of other small m/f stuff

Sent you an email :)

Thread Information