. .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gatesy View Post
    At the moment I have no control. My intention was to go with MACH3 or UCCNC, and use the CNCdrive BOB and motion controller, and at some point in the future as and when funds allow, might upgrade to a Centroid CNC control, which outputs +/-10v to the servo drives.
    If this machine is decent size and quality then I'd go with something better than Cncdrive Controller. If you watch the servo video you'll see Cslabs Analog controller which gives +/-10v and doesn't require a pain in the arse Bob plus it's ethernet based so much stronger connection. If you still have the Fanuc Servo drives which are+-10v then this is what you need and nothing else.
    It's commonly used for retro fits because of it's quality and expandabilty. It's industrial strength with 24v I/O and plenty of them has standard with expansion modules if more are required. There is also a Spindle Encoder Module for accurate threading and spindle orientation.
    The Centroid will offer little more than Mach3/4 or Linux Cnc can and will cost much much more money.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 22-11-2015 at 08:46 PM.

Thread Information