. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Hi all,

After many times round the loop trying to get funds to develop a prototype FES bike I've decided to try using the 'Generosity' donation site which has no fees or time restraints, though sadly it works only in USD. Crowdfunding through Kickstarter and the like didn't work because of their requirement to offer tiered rewards so my attempts to use those failed their vetting and the need to hit the target in a defined time before you get any of the funds pledged.
    https://www.generosity.com/medical-f...ent/x/12808883
    Offers of help to manufacturer/assemble are always gratefully received, but experience has shown that people are time poor and, with no disrespect, promises of help don't always materialise (with one or two exceptions - you know who you are) so I've decided that paying for the work commercially is the only realistic way to move this forward in a reasonable timeframe.
    regards,
    Irving

Quote Originally Posted by irving2008 View Post
    Hi all,

After many times round the loop trying to get funds to develop a prototype FES bike I've decided to try using the 'Generosity' donation site which has no fees or time restraints, though sadly it works only in USD. Crowdfunding through Kickstarter and the like didn't work because of their requirement to offer tiered rewards so my attempts to use those failed their vetting and the need to hit the target in a defined time before you get any of the funds pledged.
    https://www.generosity.com/medical-f...ent/x/12808883
    Offers of help to manufacturer/assemble are always gratefully received, but experience has shown that people are time poor and, with no disrespect, promises of help don't always materialise (with one or two exceptions - you know who you are) so I've decided that paying for the work commercially is the only realistic way to move this forward in a reasonable timeframe.
    regards,
    Irving

Hello Irving,

I have read about what your trying to do and feel it is commendable. Is there a way if I sell some bits on eBay and wished to donate a percentage of the sales that I could do that? I know there is sometimes sellers donating say for example PDSA.

I read a bit the other evening of your page I doubt that is the right name for it following the job request you had posted. You will know what I mean I am sure if I say it showed a picture of your collection of lathes.

Anyway the very best of luck with everything.

Suesi

4. Hi Suesi

I have no idea if you can do that on ebay, i'll look into it, but thanks for your kind offer.

I suspect you found my 'old' website which I keep meaning to rework... one day when time and inclination permits.

regards,
    Irving

Irving your most welcome.
    All the best
    Suesi
    Quote Originally Posted by irving2008 View Post
    Hi Suesi

I have no idea if you can do that on ebay, i'll look into it, but thanks for your kind offer.

I suspect you found my 'old' website which I keep meaning to rework... one day when time and inclination permits.

regards,
    Irving

6. Sadly ebay only accepts donations to registered charities so that idea is a non-starter, but thanks for the offer.

This needs a Bump
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

8. Thanks Clive :)

9. just bumping this

10. just bumping

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information