. .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ok. So I slept on it.

Your right Jazz. I didn't want to hear it. Sorry.
    Having a built a machine before and managed to all the wiring myself, which ran fine for 3 years I was not expecting to run into these complications / expenses.

Also I have been fed some crap information from another source, which I thought I trusted. Not any more.

I massively respect the fact that you went to the trouble of doing me a really good wiring diagram, and everyone on here has spent so much time answering my newb questions. Thanks chaps.
    So I am fully listening now, and I am signed up to your wiring diagram.

Questions.

1. On my previous machine I used a latching emergency stop. Could I use that instead of having the reset button as well?
    That is once you press it in, it stays in until you twist the emergency stop to release. Not trying to cut corners, just wondering if that does the same job ?

2. Is there any reason why I cant use panel mount fuse holders e.g. http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/panel-...lders/0563784/

3. Does this relay look like it will do the job ?. This is an 8A.

4. I was planning to use 5 limit switches, 3 of which were going to double up as homing switches. I was planning to put a limit at each end of the X / Y axis and one on the Z at the top end of travel.
    I get the fact that 24v may help to stop false triggers, and i understand what your saying about the time delay in the relay for homing.

EDIT : Just thinking about it and I'm not sure why I need 100% accurate homing?. What sort of inaccuracy with the relay are we talking about do you think?
    I have never used soft limits and I never put jobs on that may go over the limit of the material / machine size. Plus I've got the limit switches on all extents of the travel should the worst happen.

5. How do these PSU's look for what i need. They are fairly small and the same size which i like.

5V 3A
    http://www.ete.co.uk/power-electroni...y-5v-3-0a.html

24V 1A - 20Watts - You spec'd 30 Watts is 20 enough ?
    http://www.ete.co.uk/power-electroni...-24v-1-0a.html

6. I will run 2 x 24v Fans with filters as you suggested. I have looked and an average 80mm 24v fan is about 0.2A.
    Does the 24v relay use much current, if not then i may be ok with that 20 Watt 24V PSU?

If I can use those small power supplies then it may mean i don't have to scrap my case which would make me very happy. I will make that decision when i've got all the bits.

Top shout. Thanks again.
    Martin
    Last edited by mturneruk; 27-11-2015 at 11:06 AM.

Thread Information