. .
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Thanks Jazz. First job in the morning.
    Last edited by mturneruk; 13-01-2016 at 10:39 PM.

OK.

So here is a video of the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeALZMIaJ70

If you want me to video inside the box i will.
    I was racking my brains this morning and i remember something similar happening on my previous machine when jogging.
    Could this possibly point to the fact that my problems are possibly connected to the PC / mach3 driver / plugin?

Cheers
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mturneruk View Post
    I was racking my brains this morning and i remember something similar happening on my previous machine when jogging.
    Common denominator being the Keyboard.? . . . Did you try changing the keyboard as I suggested.? I've had many daft happenings like this over the years and it's been keyboard related.

I think you have 2 issues really. The losing connection I'm 99% sure is noise affecting the USB.

The Jogging I'm betting is keyboard related.

1. Reinstalled Mach 3 from scratch and re-entered all my settings. Same problem.

2. Just tried a different keyboard. Same problem.

3. Purchased UCCNC as an alternative to mach 3. That's the next test.

After that i suppose i have to assume it's noise and i will have to try taking the VFD out of the box.

UCCNC seems to be fine.

I cannot get it to crash or stop and I have just run several jobs successfully. I even ventured up to 2500 mm / sec feed rate towards the end and no problems.

Weird why that should solve it.

I have to say I like UCCNC a lot. It's cleaner and has a much better interface, and is much simpler which is what i have been after. So i will keep an eye on it for now until i have some confidence it's not going to go mental on me.

Cheers Chaps. Thanks for all your help.
    Last edited by mturneruk; 14-01-2016 at 05:59 PM.

My money is on the PC being the problem and I would swap that first, think if you had a noise issue the symptoms would be more constant. Watching the video and what you can do to get it working again suggests to me it's some sort of buffering problem, when you send a keystroke it could be clearing that, the minute you release, the other tools start sending signals and off she go's again.

What's strange is how it doesn't do it when cutting air...hummm

What hardware is existing from the previous machine.

.Me
    .Me

UCCNC seems to be fine.

I cannot get it to crash or stop and I have just run several jobs successfully. I even ventured up to 2500 mm / sec feed rate towards the end and no problems.

Not so wierd if you have a suspicous mind. Doesn't take genius to see the advantage of the plug-in not working so well with Mach3.!!!
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 14-01-2016 at 06:32 PM.

UCCNC seems to be fine.

I have to say I like UCCNC a lot. It's cleaner and has a much better interface, and is much simpler which is what i have been after. So i will keep an eye on it for now until i have some confidence it's not going to go mental on me.

Cheers Chaps. Thanks for all your help.
    Hiya,

I hadn't seen this reply before I posted mine, fingers crossed for you and good luck.

To add to my reply, I did wonder if it was a problem with the controller but I wasn't sure if you had hardware from them or not.

.Me
    .Me

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee Roberts For This Useful Post:

Ok. So after some more testing with the UC CNC software i am still getting the odd reset during a cut. No crazy lost steps though which is good.
    So I have decided I am going to bite the bullet and redesign a new bigger box for all the electronics, as I am sure the packed in proximity of everything is part of my problem.
    At least now I can use the machine as is to make it.

I am planning to make the box out of 18mm birch ply as i have it.
    I would ideally like to get the vfd in the same box, but with a significant internal shield to separate it from the sensitive stuff.
    Also I am wondering whether my dust extractor which sits under my bench in fairly close proximity to the box could be causing me a noise problem as well.

Can anyone tell me what materials block noise? Or would you fail safe and just separate the VFD completely.
    Would it also be sensible to separate and shield the mains stuff from the low voltage stuff ?
    I assume wood doesn't do anything.
    Last edited by mturneruk; 20-01-2016 at 11:14 AM.

M,

you are in Bristol right? Would you like me to come and have a look? 4 eyes better that 2.
    https://emvioeng.com
    Machine tools and 3D printing supplies. Expanding constantly.

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread Information