. .
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    I have just ordered these. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141781789185
    I beat you by 1p Old boy . . .

Are those NO or NC?

So those Prox switches that detect metal does that include aluminum which is non-ferrous?
    Or is it ferrous metals only they are looking for . e.g. they contain iron.

Those prox switches your buying don't look to be shielded. Should prox switches be shielded or does it not matter so much?

I have just re-read your advice on the KK01 resistors. Thankyou.

Just to clarify are you certain that no resistors are needed going from the KK01 to the drivers, in the step, enable, dir wires?
    I can't see why they would of put that diagram in showing different resistors, and I am certain that getting that wrong could be bad.

It's painting electronics by numbers at this end. Sorry for repeat question.
    I'm getting my head round it slowly.

Manual : http://cnc4you.co.uk/resources/KK01.pdf

Cheers
    Martin

Yes, it could be bad if you get it wrong! But look carefully at the table of resistor values in the diagram. You'll see that for 5V, the required value is zero. That is, a resistor of zero ohms. In other words, a piece of wire! That diagram is slightly misleading and in reality it comes from the data sheet of the driver rather than the BOB. The KK01 BOB is fed from 5V and cannot put out anything higher, so the diagram is misleading and there is no situation where you might need those resistors anyway. However, the drives are designed to take a 5V input and if you use a different BOB running at a different voltage you might need them. Just like the inputs to the BOB, where you need resistors if you use a 24V limit switch system but not if you work at 5V.
    Last edited by Neale; 29-11-2015 at 10:04 AM.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 20 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    Are those NO or NC?
    Neale. they are NO The NC one's are usually about £3-5 for some reason .

Dean. You need the penny saved to have a piss (or is that 10p these days)
    Last edited by Clive S; 29-11-2015 at 10:05 AM.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 20 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by mturneruk View Post
    So those Prox switches that detect metal does that include aluminum which is non-ferrous?

Those prox switches your buying don't look to be shielded. Should prox switches be shielded or does it not matter so much?

Martin
    Martin. The leads are not shielded but I tend to cut them short and use shielded cable they also need ferrous ie just a bolt head or washer etc. Neale. I agree that schematic is very misleading you beat me to it
    ..Clive

That throws me to another question. I have ordered a NO and a NC Sensor
    from china, only to make the basket full. The NC is blue and the NO is orange.
    I don't know if its alwas so, or can this made from each manufacturer different.
    In many descriptions is the blue NC, I think thats correct because the sensors I have are in this way. But often enough they have a blue sensor and the description say NO. Is the description correct and the picture false, or have they different colours for the same sensor characteristics.

Jaz, I get only these offer from your 1.4 store
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/cayin35?_dm...+DC+6V-36V+NEW
    the other with 1.41 don't send parcels to germany, so not to unusual, that I don't find it on german Ebay.

Oh, sorry, they give me the value in €, thats the same like £1,4.
    But why I get €prices, from the british site.
    Last edited by uli12us; 29-11-2015 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by uli12us View Post
    I don't know if its alwas so, or can this made from each manufacturer different.
    In many descriptions is the blue NC, I think thats correct because the sensors I have are in this way. But often enough they have a blue sensor and the description say NO. Is the description correct and the picture false, or have they different colours for the same sensor characteristics.
    I have both colours in NO you have to go off the numbers
    ..Clive

Quote Originally Posted by uli12us View Post
    Like Clive says forget colours that's not how they are identified. It's the last two letters that do that.
    The Last Letter tells you if NPN or PNP. Second to last NO or NC.

NPN = X
    PNP = Y
    NO = B
    NC = A
    NO & NC = C (4 wires )

IE: BX = NO NPN
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 29-11-2015 at 12:27 PM.

They will sense Aluminium but you have to get very very close and they are erratic so NO is the answer. Sense to a bolt head or Metal plate etc.

Clive answerd that he does what I do.

Just to clarify are you certain that no resistors are needed going from the KK01 to the drivers, in the step, enable, dir wires?
    I can't see why they would of put that diagram in showing different resistors, and I am certain that getting that wrong could be bad.
    They are completely separate and isolated things don't worry.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread Information